Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6A6D7B737D6A2D21587F75797174367B7775180 wrote: I agree with Rich and Dog  :o - package this deal (or related deals) and this could be a game changer.  It will take more than Cole.  Deal Marte or Polanco (Cutch won't bring much I suspect) and MAYBE Rivero (he's the second most valuable piece) and maybe Jordy.

Build 2018/9 around Jhay, Bell, Diaz, and SRod (get the super utility guy back in our dugout) and the young staff. Sign Frazier and maybe Corzart and this team will look like the read deal. 

Cozart signed with Anaheim/LA.

I'm not sure Polanco brings back as much as people think. He looks the part, no doubt. However something hasn't kicked in and he is showing fragility.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

People are confused because they don't know the Pirates plan or that Huntington isn't saying anything. If Cole goes, you will see the plan. Other players will be moved too.

I have said this over and over: Trade McCutchen, they can still add (but unlikely). Trade Cole, it is rebuild mode - they all will be moved.
RichD

Post by RichD »

I don`t mind a rebuild if the OF is going to be Frazier, Meadows, Polonco and say Ludlow .Get Ludlow some 3rd base time down in AAA too. I think he played 3rd in college.

To start season it will need to be Marte and Polonco for sure, until the prospects get more time in AAA esp. Meadows.

I think Polonco has a nice bounce back season for us. Just a feeling.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I like the fact that "No Deal Neal" is actually looking to deal a player for value. Cole is a hot commodity right now. He will never sign with the Bucs after they screwed with him a couple years ago and with Boras as his agent, it will never work to our favor. I'm from Ga. and Frazier played less than 20 miles from Austin Meadows (Grayson High School) in Gwinnett County...Frazier was at Loganville High School in Walton County. Indians were very high on Frazier when they drafted him. Maybe the Baseball Gods, knock on wood, will once again smile on the Battling Buccos. I;m hoping so. Fingers crossed...Beat'em Bucs 8-)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0B3C2A3A0F282720270E08490 wrote: I like the fact that "No Deal Neal" is actually looking to deal a player for value. Cole is a hot commodity right now. He will never sign with the Bucs after they screwed with him a couple years ago and with Boras as his agent, it will never work to our favor. I'm from Ga. and Frazier played less than 20 miles from Austin Meadows (Grayson High School) in Gwinnett County...Frazier was at Loganville High School in Walton County. Indians were very high on Frazier when they drafted him. Maybe the Baseball Gods, knock on wood, will once again smile on the Battling Buccos. I;m hoping so. Fingers crossed...Beat'em Bucs   8-)
The Pirates didn't screw Cole. they just refused to let him screw them. He wanted a big payday after an outstanding 2015. But that was only his 2nd season. The system greatly favors the players and the 1st 3 years are the only ones in which teams can keep players before having to pay them millions. At the time, Cole was only 1 year away from getting 3.75 million in arbitration. And he's been a disappointment ever since. He's got decent trade value only because pitching is in short supply and everyone's looking for it. Certainly not because of how he's pitched the last 2 years. On a staff last year with him, Nova, Taillon, Kuhl and Williams, he wasn't even their best starter. I don't see how he was screwed because he didn't get a big raise a year before getting 3.75 million and beginning his downward slide.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

6259535874300 wrote: I don`t mind a rebuild if the OF is going to be Frazier, Meadows, Polonco and say Ludlow .Get Ludlow some 3rd base time down in AAA too. I think he played 3rd in college.

To start season it will need to be Marte and Polonco for sure, until the prospects get more time in AAA esp. Meadows.

I agree. I can see McCutchen traded this winter and Marte a deadline deal. I would keep Polanco for a while in hopes he produces. He was injured last year. If this isn't his break out season, he can be traded too.

Meadows, C. Frazier (if acquired), and Luplow start in Triple A and get called up eventually. I didn't know Luplow played 3B. I think we will see a SS come up too eventually.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

5358505C5958430600774E565F5858195458370 wrote: I don`t mind a rebuild if the OF is going to be Frazier, Meadows, Polonco and say Ludlow .Get Ludlow some 3rd base time down in AAA too. I think he played 3rd in college.

I agree.  I can see McCutchen traded this winter and Marte a deadline deal.  I would keep Polanco for a while in hopes he produces.  He was injured last year.  If this isn't his break out season, he can be traded too. 

Meadows, C. Frazier (if acquired), and Luplow start in Triple A and get called up eventually.  I didn't know Luplow played 3B.  I think we will see a SS come up too eventually. 

Polanco should go immediately. If they wait for him to produce they will get nothing because it isn't going to happen on any type of consistent basis. He only cut his huge swing down for a short period of time until it became a big loopy mess again. I would get something for him now!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Clint Frazier is way overvalued. Cole, the opposite.
BenM

Post by BenM »

Yanks in contention for Machado. Would think that he's going to get more from their farm system than Cole. I would be annoyed if the Pirates made a deal after the O's had first pick from their system.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

795E55763B0 wrote: Yanks in contention for Machado. Would think that he's going to get more from their farm system than Cole. I would be annoyed if the Pirates made a deal after the O's had first pick from their system.

The only thing that's annoying me is scrubby NH being left to grind through these supposed deals instead of new blood.

Hes far to conservative to be allowed to rebuild.