Would It Be Appropriate To Retire Cutch’s Number

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

I think revisiting this after Cutch has called it a career would be appropriate. One never knows what surprises might be in store in the future.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

I think that Van Slyke was an excellent player. I think McCutchen is distinctly better, and that his connection to the fans is a lot closer. I think the closest player comparison to McCutchen is probably Arky Vaughan, but I don't have any idea what his connection with the fans was like.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

04372B2A2921172A312D3631202C2B450 wrote: I think that Van Slyke was an excellent player. I think McCutchen is distinctly better, and that his connection to the fans is a lot closer. I think the closest player comparison to McCutchen is probably Arky Vaughan, but I don't have any idea what his connection with the fans was like.

Another thing is that Van Slyke was surrounded by other outstanding players like Bonds, Bonilla and Drabek so he shared the admiration of the fan base with his teammates. For most of his career Cutch was the only star player on the team.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Why don't they build a statue of Cutch and place at the River Walk near CF.  Make it just an inch taller than any of the other statues of Pirate Greats and out of gold not bronze or what ever the others are made of. 

Or even more imposing place in where I suggested but have it sitting on a pedestal large enough to allow a Cutch Museum inside that would feature videos of his sparking plays and uniforms, gloves and bats he used.  Then they can give him his new nickname: Zeus!!

And keeping with the BMTIB they could charge $10 to take the tour of the museum because it is worth that much to see the great Andrew "Zeus" McCutchen being so honored.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

42636B426961060 wrote: Why don't they build a statue of Cutch and place at the River Walk near CF.  Make it just an inch taller than any of the other statues of Pirate Greats and out of gold not bronze or what ever the others are made of. 

Or even more imposing place in where I suggested but have it sitting on a pedestal large enough to allow a Cutch Museum inside that would feature videos of his sparking plays and uniforms, gloves and bats he used.  Then they can give him his new nickname: Zeus!!

And keeping with the BMTIB they could charge $10 to take the tour of the museum because it is worth that much to see the great Andrew "Zeus" McCutchen being so honored. 
Be careful when you ask for a statue. Look what happened to poor Ralph Kiner. They forgot the other 99% of him. Maybe they were in a hurry. SMH. What an embarrassment.

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

43626A436860070 wrote: Why don't they build a statue of Cutch and place at the River Walk near CF.  Make it just an inch taller than any of the other statues of Pirate Greats and out of gold not bronze or what ever the others are made of. 

No answer to this, is there?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: Why don't they build a statue of Cutch and place at the River Walk near CF.  Make it just an inch taller than any of the other statues of Pirate Greats and out of gold not bronze or what ever the others are made of. 

Be careful when you ask for a statue. Look what happened to poor Ralph Kiner. They forgot the other 99% of him. Maybe they were in a hurry. SMH. What an embarrassment.

They only put Kiner's hands there because they were cheap, cheap, cheap. You know we can spend only so much money on a statue and this is what it is. We can live with or without your hands Ralph. Kinda sounds like Branch Rickey's comment to Ralph when he was traded to the Cubs after asking for a raise in salary: "We can loose with you or without you!"
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

4F7C6061626A5C617A667D7A6B67600E0 wrote: Why don't they build a statue of Cutch and place at the River Walk near CF.  Make it just an inch taller than any of the other statues of Pirate Greats and out of gold not bronze or what ever the others are made of. 

No answer to this, is there?

Oh yes there is. Possum is bald, on Medicare and thus must be getting senile or he's just plain crazy! 8-) 8-) 8-)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: Why don't they build a statue of Cutch and place at the River Walk near CF.  Make it just an inch taller than any of the other statues of Pirate Greats and out of gold not bronze or what ever the others are made of. 

They moved Kiner's hands years ago. I have asked many employees where it went. None knew. None.

I think it is in the picnic area, but not sure.
GermanTownship

Post by GermanTownship »

Bill Virdon was better.