Brewers Reported to Get Yelich

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

052921262D0A3D2B3B480 wrote: The Brewers put a good package of prospects on the table.  In my opinion, the Pirates would have needed to offer a package that included both Meadows and Keller and likely two other decent prospects along the lines of Hearn, Cruz, or Jennings (Marlins also accepted players in A ball with upside).

I love Yelich, but I would have been hard pressed to include both Meadows and Keller as well as other talent --- UNLESS it was clear that the Pirates would have a change in approach; meaning that they are willing to significantly increase payroll.

Also, hard to fault the Marlins for accepting this package.  It looks like the fire sale is over. 

Sternly disagree that the Pirates needed to include both Meadows and Keller. Those two would have been a lot better than Milwaukee's top two. It would have been Meadows, Newman, Hearn and some mop up. Hearn isn't a big deal either.

The fire sale is far from over. They still have Realmuto.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I am a fan of Meadows, but if it would have taken him to get Yelich, I would have pulled that trigger. Maybe if that opportunity arises in the next two years? I don't think now is the time for a Yelich as I feel they are rebuilding.

Brewer fans are mixed on that trade. Go check out there blogs, message boards, twitter. Some think Yelich is just average and not worth that package as others think he is a known player and the prospects are not a guarantee.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

5C4C4D7A6C6C600F0 wrote: So for someone who knows vastly more about prospects on other MLB teams (like the Brewers) than I do, can someone please tell me what the Pirates would have had to give up for Yelich that is basically equal to what the Brewers gave up. I would love to know what it would have taken. Thanks.

Keller, Meadows and a throw in would be close.   

As much as those two are talked about in Pirateland, that would be akin to trading the next Bonds and Clemens though.

NH doesn't have the stones to take even moderate risks, NEVER would come close to making an impact trade pickup like that.   

So may years of cheap control given up!!!

It wouldn't be Keller and Meadows.  It would be closer to what I have.  Meadows and Brinson are basically the same.  Keller and the second Brewers prospect aren't.  It's not close.

Cheap control years of prospects or six years of a proven commodity for 10 million or less per year.  I know which is more valuable to a team that is showing a commitment of producing a competitive team.

The high faluten prospect moniker ship has kinda of sailed with Meadows.  Few are buying it anymore.  He's 2nd tier, with a low floor and high ceiling.

It would definitely be Keller headlining, as Meadows doesn't equal Brinson. Meadows hasn't even proven he can handle AAA, let alone not pull a hammy there every 6 weeks