Pirates acquire Brentz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7A5D4C484D506F5B4C4D4D50290 wrote: How many former first round picks do the Pirates have on their roster?

Moran, Musgrove, Crick, Brentz were all brought in via trade.

It's cute to bring up the former first round picks on this roster.  Unless these former first round picks do something decent, its a pointless thing to bring up.  And ... Musgrove is looking injured again. This is Dog’s version of management doing something and stepping up to the plate and acquiring top notch players. He will use this and say “see management went out and made moves and tried to make the team better when others on here said they do nothing.”

Kind of grasping at straws here, aren't you? Grasping at straws?? I don’t follow please elaborate. Just seems to me Dog takes any opportunity no matter how ridiculous it is to defend this management team. He will use this trade as a way to make  a point to people on here that the management team and NH are trying to make moves to get better players. I’ve seen it way too many times on here. He thinks signing Jaso, giving Locke a raise and signing Vogelsong in 2016 means the Pirates increased their payroll and spend money.

I said that?  Huh. News to me.

Why are you attacking me on this subject and not the people who actually liked the trade?
Bobster21

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by Bobster21 »

I really don't get the arguing here. It's a minor deal. No one has suggested otherwise. Maybe it will pay dividends; maybe not. No one has said too much either for or against. Maybe the Bucs should make a more significant transaction so we could have something more substantive to debate.
psuinpgh21

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by psuinpgh21 »

I don't think he will be added to the prospect pool yet, while he is still a rookie but is 29 years old
SCBucco

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by SCBucco »

575C54585D5C470204734A525B5C5C1D505C330 wrote: Pointless?  Why was I told it was pointless?  Is that pointless too?

I didn't say a word about the actual move good or bad. Others did. Why don't you go and attack them???  Looks like some even liked it.

Good posts guys. Keep on attackin'. 

As Steddy Freddy said, you make it sound like management/ownership cares by bringing in former first round picks. The problem is NONE of them have really asserted themselves at all in the majors and good chance they won't. So, yes, its pointless UNLESS they amount to anything. If they don't, you look more like a fool for bringing it up.
SCBucco

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by SCBucco »

1D3A2B2F2A37083C2B2A2A374E0 wrote: How many former first round picks do the Pirates have on their roster?

It's cute to bring up the former first round picks on this roster.  Unless these former first round picks do something decent, its a pointless thing to bring up.  And ... Musgrove is looking injured again. This is Dog’s version of management doing something and stepping up to the plate and acquiring top notch players. He will use this and say “see management went out and made moves and tried to make the team better when others on here said they do nothing.”

Kind of grasping at straws here, aren't you? Grasping at straws?? I don’t follow please elaborate. Just seems to me Dog takes any opportunity no matter how ridiculous it is to defend this management team. He will use this trade as a way to make  a point to people on here that the management team and NH are trying to make moves to get better players. I’ve seen it way too many times on here. He thinks signing Jaso, giving Locke a raise and signing Vogelsong in 2016 means the Pirates increased their payroll and spend money.

can't argue with any of this at all. Total agreement.
Bobster21

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by Bobster21 »

I think it's something of curiosity that 4 former 1st rd picks were acquired this year. I don't think any of us sees them as more than what they are: guys who hopefully have some potential. It's no guarantee of anything (boy, don't we Pirate fans know that all too well). But it at least looks good on a resume and I suspect GMs take that into consideration to some lesser degree when trying to anticipate a player's potential. That's how I took Dog's post about the former 1st rounders. Nothing more. I thought it was rather curious myself.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4B666B7A7D6C7B3B38090 wrote: I think it's something of curiosity that 4 former 1st rd picks were acquired this year. I don't think any of us sees them as more than what they are: guys who hopefully have some potential. It's no guarantee of anything (boy, don't we Pirate fans know that all too well). But it at least looks good on a resume and I suspect GMs take that into consideration to some lesser degree when trying to anticipate a player's potential. That's how I took Dog's post about the former 1st rounders. Nothing more. I thought it was rather curious myself. 

Thank you, Bobster. It was just a little fun fact for the board.

If someone else would have posted it, I guarantee a different reaction would have occurred or no reaction at all. I will watch posting fun facts in the future.

johnfluharty

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by johnfluharty »

2328202C2928337670073E262F2828692428470 wrote: I think it's something of curiosity that 4 former 1st rd picks were acquired this year. I don't think any of us sees them as more than what they are: guys who hopefully have some potential. It's no guarantee of anything (boy, don't we Pirate fans know that all too well). But it at least looks good on a resume and I suspect GMs take that into consideration to some lesser degree when trying to anticipate a player's potential. That's how I took Dog's post about the former 1st rounders. Nothing more. I thought it was rather curious myself. 

Thank you, Bobster.  It was just a little fun fact for the board.

If someone else would have posted it, I guarantee a different reaction would have occurred or no reaction at all. I will watch posting fun facts in the future.

Don't change your posting style just to suit others who seem overeager to criticize.  Some folks just seem hypersensitive to anything you post. It's their problem not yours. My advice is to ignore them and their overreactions.
DemDog

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by DemDog »

3F343C3035342F6A6C1B223A3334347538345B0 wrote: How many former first round picks do the Pirates have on their roster?

I said that?  Huh. News to me.

Why are you attacking me on this subject and not the people who actually liked the trade?

You make a point about Dog, but then that is just Dog, he seems to live in an alternate baseball universe. My suggestion to you is to just ignore his comments.

Me, I'll just treat his comments as being from Dog and Dog will always be Dog. Even comments that seem to come from an alternate baseball universe I truly believe that Dog is on great Big fuzzy Bucco fan through thick and thin. I have never heard him say he will boycott games etc.
ChitownBucco

Pirates acquire Brentz

Post by ChitownBucco »

never know

could be Garret Jones or Brandon Moss late bloomer type