Gameday 5/15

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

OrlandoMerced

Gameday 5/15

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Outside of Watson, I bet you can make a case that NH is the best GM at both acquiring dominant relievers, and maximizing value when trading reliever. He turned Burnett into Hanrahan, to then Melancon, to then Vazquez.

Watson at one time or another would have netted a big return, but he was also providing value to a contending team in those years.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Gameday 5/15

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Rodriguez has been very good. He had 25 strike outs and 0 Walks (two were intentional) entering this game.
MaineBucs

Gameday 5/15

Post by MaineBucs »

I agree with EC Bucs.

1) If the Bucs somehow manage to remain in contention one of the key reasons likely will be because the back end of their bullpen is performing well. Vasquez performs as a closer, Rodriguez and Feliz pitch well, and Crick and Santana provide critical support in the 6th and 7th. Thus, no reason to move any of these folks because of salary concerns this year or the next.

2) But, if the Bucs fall out of contention, and the team has developed one or more good options for the latter innings among Feliz, Crick, Santana, Rodriguez, Glasnow (?), Kuhl (?) and others, by all means, consider dealing one of the above and potentially even Vasquez if the return is real talent.

3) About three weeks ago I suggested that the Bucs go for Iglesias to try and form a nasty one - two punch at the end of the game if the team remained in contention. My goal was a shut-down pen. That said, there are some early positive signs that the likes of Feliz, Rodriguez and/or Santana may make a move for the likes of Iglesias unnecessary.

Nice win last night. A lot of runs because of the number of extra base hits. Like others, hoping that the injuries to Marte and Cervelli are little more than in-game bruises than something which hurts their performance.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Gameday 5/15

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I feel the Pirates over paid for Vazquez because they plan on keeping him. Have they ever paid a reliever $10 million? Vazquez was paid for this window before the team option.

I would love Iglesias. He is due to make $11.4 million in the next two years ($5.7 in '19, $5.7 in '20). He is someone to watch come deadline time.
dmetz

Gameday 5/15

Post by dmetz »

This offense is really kicking it into gear now against the scrub teams. This pretty much isn't supposed to be happening. they're doubling down on the run production