Andrew McCutchen

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Andrew McCutchen

Post by SammyKhalifa »

063A3C3A21283E27490 wrote: Just checked Cutch’s stats and he is hitting.237 with 3 homers and 20 rbi. Cutch has a history of starting slow, but if he does hot have a couple solid months this season, his final stats line will be well below his normal end of season stats. If he does not have a typical Cutch season he may find it difficult to get a long term contract after this season. Also just noticed he has not hit a homer in the past 30 games.
He got his BA up to a season high .259 on May 14. but in 11 games since then he's gone into a 7 for 43 (.163) funk.

It really appears that his production has fallen off at a faster rate than most players as they approach 30 years old. I could imagine a slight decline as he aged, but his decline appears to be quicker.

Well he did get married a few years ago, so I am sure that isn't helping either.

It's when he cut off his hair.
IABucFan

Andrew McCutchen

Post by IABucFan »

In all honesty, I wonder if the Pirates would consider bringing him back in the offseason. he may not have any interest in a reunion. But, Meadows looks like he belongs. Could McCutchen and Polanco form a decent RF platoon? Without checking, I'd have to think that McCutchen could still handle lefties. And Polanco still looks overmatched against them. I was actually thinking about this during the Giants series that McCutchen could be a decent deadline deal target for the Pirates if they were still in contention at the trade deadline. He could platoon in right, and spell Marte in center every so often.
notes34

Andrew McCutchen

Post by notes34 »

727A794E587D5A553B0 wrote: In all honesty, I wonder if the Pirates would consider bringing him back in the offseason. he may not have any interest in a reunion. But, Meadows looks like he belongs. Could McCutchen and Polanco form a decent RF platoon? Without checking, I'd have to think that McCutchen could still handle lefties. And Polanco still looks overmatched against them. I was actually thinking about this during the Giants series that McCutchen could be a decent deadline deal target for the Pirates if they were still in contention at the trade deadline. He could platoon in right, and spell Marte in center every so often.
I doubt it but that is intriguing. I looked at his stats and I have watched several Giants games. The .OBP and walk rate are pretty good. He even has 14 doubles. I just don't know where it is going wrong. He had a decent hit streak of something like 12-13 games and an on base streak of 20+ and I thought here is the usual red hot streak. I even check exit velocities and his average is 91.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

And he is still batting second in the line up!
notes34

Andrew McCutchen

Post by notes34 »

6E656D6164657E3B3D4A736B6265652469650A0 wrote: And he is still batting second in the line up!
That is because his .OBP is still 3rd highest among their starters.
GermanTownship

Andrew McCutchen

Post by GermanTownship »

In all honesty, I hope, and don't think the Pirates will ever consider bring McCutchen back. He's finished as a productive everyday player. He'll have a hard time finding a team that will sign him next year. With the year that he is currently having, and if it continues, the Giants will not exercise the option year.
johnfluharty

Andrew McCutchen

Post by johnfluharty »

4765726D616E546F776E73686970000 wrote: In all honesty, I hope, and don't think the Pirates will ever consider bring McCutchen back. He's finished as a productive everyday player. He'll have a hard time finding a team that will sign him next year. With the year that he is currently having, and if it continues, the Giants will not exercise the option year.

If he continues to struggle this year, the typical thing to do would be to sign a one year deal somewhere for modest pay to try to bounce back and get a last multi-year deal. I wonder whether he'd consider retirement so he could spend more time with his son.

IABucFan

Andrew McCutchen

Post by IABucFan »

If McCutchen decides to retire next year, I hope he signs a one-day deal with the Pirates so he can retire as a Pirate. But, I doubt he retires. Like I said...I've got to believe he can still at least be the right handed half of a platoon.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Andrew McCutchen

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Retirement?

No way he retires. Someone will give him $7-$10 million next year.
Bobster21

Andrew McCutchen

Post by Bobster21 »

181013243217303F510 wrote: If McCutchen decides to retire next year, I hope he signs a one-day deal with the Pirates so he can retire as a Pirate. But, I doubt he retires. Like I said...I've got to believe he can still at least be the right handed half of a platoon.
In 2016 when Cutch first began to fade, his BA s LHP was just .229. In 2017, he hit .336 vs LHP. But this year, he's hitting just .229 vs LHP. I guess if he was the RH part of a platoon, it would be a crapshoot as to how well he would hit LHP.