I'd consider moving Corey Dickerson for a good SP

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7B7C6A626C7B3C30496E64686065276A6664090 wrote: If Dickerson could return a major league arm that would improve the team I’d probably do it.  But like most posters on this thread, I don’t see any chance of that happening.  I definitely would NOT trade him for another Nondescript 4/5 guy that we already have an entire roster of.

It’s so disappointing to watch this pitching staff fail game after game.  Somebody needs to figure out Tallion’s “problem”.  The Pirates desperately need him to much better.
Hopefully, someone other than another team.

Sadly, that’s not a joke, it’s the truth. 

I’ve definitely lost confidence in Pirate development AND  Philosophy. The “pitch to contact” stuff...who came up with this idea?  If it means anything other than “throw your best stuff” then we should rename it “pitch to kill career“.  I don’t know how the Pirates are using him, but I don’t want Tallion to become the best #4 in MLB because of some pitching Philosophy.  What a waste of this young man’s talent.

To take this back to Dickerson: the Pirates  have a lot of death in the rotation but they don’t have much high-end talent.  Trading for middling pitchers has got to be crossed off Neal’s list of options. He needs to acquire a couple high end guys and I don’t see Dickerson doing that. 

Marte however....

Would Neal trade Marte for a legit high end guy?
They're certainly killing the Pirates. ;)
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

You're all right if that's all you think the value would be, don't need more middling guys. I guess I was thinking we should be able to get someone that is as good at being a pitcher as Dickerson is at being a hitter. I know SP costs have gone astronomical though
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

He was just traded for Daniel Hudson who was worse and cost more. I don't want to trade Dickerson. I want to keep him for this window of opportunity and build around him.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though. That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

093B37372311323B36333C3B5A0 wrote: That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though.  That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective. 
Yes absolutely. What where they thinking? Even worst case scenario he is an .800 OPS hitter.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

28293223357572460 wrote: That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though.  That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective. 
Yes absolutely. What where they thinking? Even worst case scenario he is an .800 OPS hitter.

I agree, but it still hurts his value a little. No other team offered anyone better?
notes34

Post by notes34 »

646F676B6E6F743137407961686F6F2E636F000 wrote: That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though.  That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective. 

I agree, but it still hurts his value a little.  No other team offered anyone better?

We have no idea but I can't believe there wasn't another offer? I think the money just lined up?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

557875646372652526170 wrote: If Dickerson could return a major league arm that would improve the team I’d probably do it.  But like most posters on this thread, I don’t see any chance of that happening.  I definitely would NOT trade him for another Nondescript 4/5 guy that we already have an entire roster of.

It’s so disappointing to watch this pitching staff fail game after game.  Somebody needs to figure out Tallion’s “problem”.  The Pirates desperately need him to much better.
Hopefully, someone other than another team.

Sadly, that’s not a joke, it’s the truth. 

I’ve definitely lost confidence in Pirate development AND  Philosophy. The “pitch to contact” stuff...who came up with this idea?  If it means anything other than “throw your best stuff” then we should rename it “pitch to kill career“.  I don’t know how the Pirates are using him, but I don’t want Tallion to become the best #4 in MLB because of some pitching Philosophy.  What a waste of this young man’s talent.

To take this back to Dickerson: the Pirates  have a lot of death in the rotation but they don’t have much high-end talent.  Trading for middling pitchers has got to be crossed off Neal’s list of options. He needs to acquire a couple high end guys and I don’t see Dickerson doing that. 

Marte however....

Would Neal trade Marte for a legit high end guy?
They're certainly killing the Pirates.   ;)

I just now “got” your comment. ;D ;D

I’d call this a Freudian slip except it’s not subconscious!! Unintentional, but not subconscious!
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

474C44484D4C571214635A424B4C4C0D404C230 wrote: That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though.  That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective. 

I agree, but it still hurts his value a little.  No other team offered anyone better?

Yeah, I don't know. There just had to be a better deal than sending them guy we didn't want anyhow. Heck straight waiver claim would have been better.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

774549495D6F4C45484D4245240 wrote: That doesn't mean that's what he'd get this time though.  That deal has been universally recognized as an idiotic trade from Tampa's perspective. 

Yeah, I don't know.  There just had to be a better deal than sending them guy we didn't want anyhow.  Heck straight waiver claim would have been better.

The Pirates did include a prospect,Tristan Gray, time will tell if he is a real prospect or just a lottery ticket for the Rays.