30 Wins- 30 Losses

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Quail »

6B60686461607B3E384F766E676060216C600F0 wrote: They have a rotation of mostly high draft picks who are 25 and 26 years old.  They are very young in their careers.  They are building through the draft (Taillon, Kuhl, Glasnow, Kingham) and acquisitions (Musgrove, Williams, Brault). 

They have to have one of the youngest rotations in baseball.  They are in the middle of the pack in ERA in all of baseball, but 9th in the NL.  Of course, that is counting Nova and Brault too.

This is the crux of the matter. The degree of pessimism expressed in this thread is understandable given the performance of the team over the past 17 games, but this is not a team that will continue the rest of the season with a .235 winning percentage.

This is a valley in a season that will have peaks and valleys, the more so because of the youth of its pitching staff. There's plenty of talent in those arms. What they lack is consistency. I think there's a decent chance we'll start to see more consistency as the season progresses.

Underneath that rusty, beige Toyota exterior is a shiny new muscle car that's gonna shed its skin and begin turning heads.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

596B67677341626B66636C6B0A0 wrote: Our starting rotation is a Beige Toyota.
With some rust on the quarter panels.

sure it normally gets you to work and back but you'd really want something nicer

and let's face facts here--it's not exactly a babe magnet

I disagree. I think it has some fire flames paint and some tinted windows. Babes should flock knowing it will blossom as it's getting cooler.
SCBucco

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SCBucco »

4F444C4045445F1A1C6B524A4344440548442B0 wrote: Our starting rotation is a Beige Toyota.
With some rust on the quarter panels.

sure it normally gets you to work and back but you'd really want something nicer

and let's face facts here--it's not exactly a babe magnet

I disagree.  I think it has some fire flames paint and some tinted windows.  Babes should flock knowing it will blossom as it's getting cooler.

Stop ... there are few flames and tints here.  This rotation isn't good and there is no one outside Keller on the farm that is close to helping. JT is the only potential ace or 2 type starter. The rest are 4 or 5's.
dmetz

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by dmetz »

I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Kuhl I believe has the arsenal to be better than a back of the rotation guy as well.  He's got the weaponry to mix in.

INbuc

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by INbuc »

1331223F3C393E31122533333F500 wrote: This team obviously has a lot of issues that have been covered here pretty well.

But to me, the one factor that is going to doom this team to failure (and 90+ losses) is starting pitching, or lack thereof.

THIS. TEAM. DOESN'T. HAVE. ANY. REALLY. GOOD. PITCHERS.

We have a lot of decent pitchers who occasionally have good games. And that's not going to cut it.

But we don't have any REALLY GOOD pitchers.

We have quantity. Not quality.

We don't have even one pitcher that when his turn comes in the rotation, everyone says "Okay, we're going to win tonight."

Look, our offensive is going to be decent, at best.

If the offense was great, maybe this pitching staff would be good enough and we could get by.

Until this franchise builds acquires QUALITY starting pitchers -- and not just a collection of No. 4 and No. 5 caliber starters -- it is not going to be a serious contender.

You may currently be right about not having any really good pitchers.  However, they say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again yet expecting a different result.

In their past few starts, Kuhl and Taillon have really mixed up their pitch repertoires.  Kuhl has allowed only 4 runs in his last 3 starts and Taillon 3 runs in his last 2 starts.  Perhaps really good pitchers are under construction?

Meanwhile, Polanco and Bell remain pure insanity. :D
SCBucco

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by SCBucco »

767F776668120 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Kuhl I believe has the arsenal to be better than a back of the rotation guy as well.  He's got the weaponry to mix in.

So, you have JT and a bunch of ????. Kuhl is no better than a five. He isn't consistent. To me, he would be a better bullpen guy.
johnfluharty

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by johnfluharty »

Maybe we should discontinue the rotation concept and just go with all bullpen guys.   :P
dmetz

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by dmetz »

1C0C0D3A2C2C204F0 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Kuhl I believe has the arsenal to be better than a back of the rotation guy as well.  He's got the weaponry to mix in

So, you have JT and a bunch of ????.  Kuhl is no better than a five.  He isn't consistent.  To me, he would be a better bullpen guy. 

No.  JT is a question mark too, just less of one..   Kuhl and Musgrove are definitely bigger question marks, they just actually have the pitches and mix to end up better than back of the rotation. Something Williams, Nova, Brault, and possibly Kingham don't have.

Idk about Kingham yet.  Probably no chance though
notes34

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by notes34 »

545D55444A300 wrote: I think Musgrove has the pitches to be a good starter.   Because of what he's able to throw that I have seen, its a possibility.  He can control both left and right handed batters with what he's throwing. 

Kuhl I believe has the arsenal to be better than a back of the rotation guy as well.  He's got the weaponry to mix in

So, you have JT and a bunch of ????.  Kuhl is no better than a five.  He isn't consistent.  To me, he would be a better bullpen guy. 

No.  JT is a question mark too, just less of one..   Kuhl and Musgrove are definitely bigger question marks, they just actually have the pitches and mix to end up better than back of the rotation. Something Williams, Nova, Brault, and possibly Kingham don't have.

Idk about Kingham yet.  Probably no chance though
I think I agree with you. Kuhl seems like he has the pure stuff to be good, he just hasn't reached it yet.
Roberto218

30 Wins- 30 Losses

Post by Roberto218 »

Back over .500! Yes!