Power

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Power

Post by Quail »

5A51595550514A0F097E475F565151105D513E0 wrote: I wasn't comparing this team to the Lumber Co.  Just pointing out that when a bench player gets a random start, they have been productive.  Especially, in the HR department.

The team pinch hitting has to be one of the worst in all of baseball.  They were batting around .145 as a team in that category.

Sorry Dog, I didn't intend to imply that you were comparing them to the Lumber Company. I thought your highlighting the bench hitting was quite insightful. They're off to a great start in the power department. Small sample sizes can produce some anomalies as I'm sure you know. Personally, I like the bench for its versatility and defense.
johnfluharty

Power

Post by johnfluharty »

0521353D38540 wrote: I wasn't comparing this team to the Lumber Co.  Just pointing out that when a bench player gets a random start, they have been productive.  Especially, in the HR department.

The team pinch hitting has to be one of the worst in all of baseball.  They were batting around .145 as a team in that category.

Sorry Dog, I didn't intend to imply that you were comparing them to the Lumber Company. I thought your highlighting the bench hitting was quite insightful. They're off to a great start in the power department. Small sample sizes can produce some anomalies as I'm sure you know. Personally, I like the bench for its versatility and defense.

I like it more now that Osuna has been added.
IABucFan

Power

Post by IABucFan »

They've hit 39 team home runs in 35 games. That's respectable, IMHO.
Ecbucs

Power

Post by Ecbucs »

474F4C7B6D486F600E0 wrote: They've hit 39 team home runs in 35 games. That's respectable, IMHO.

I agree, much more than I expected, especially with Bell not hammering them out.

190 would be a good season total for the Bucs. (would have been 22nd in 2017) Bucs hit 151 last year which was only ahead of San Fran. 17 teams hit 200 or more.
IABucFan

Power

Post by IABucFan »

Now at 42 in 37 games. That would be on pace to hit 184 fir the season.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Power

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Really just Bell and Harrison aren't hitting the HRs. Bell should have more at this point considering he is the known power bat in the line up. Harrison has been hurt, not fair to judge him. The bench has filled in nicely to help the team in that department.

IABucFan

Power

Post by IABucFan »

Now 45 in not quite 38 games.

Check that...46. On pace for 196. I doubt that keeps up, but for right now, power isn’t an issue on this team.
Ecbucs

Power

Post by Ecbucs »

0A0201362005222D430 wrote: Now 45 in not quite 38 games.

Check that...46. On pace for 196. I doubt that keeps up, but for right now, power isn’t an issue on this team.

the power has helped tremendously in having a winning record.  Its great to see it (and my prediction that they wouldn't have much power led to me being a pessimist on the season).
notes34

Power

Post by notes34 »

406667706676050 wrote: Now 45 in not quite 38 games.

the power has helped tremendously in having a winning record.  Its great to see it (and my prediction that they wouldn't have much power led to me being a pessimist on the season).
Yes I agree that was my biggest concern with the offense. I'm astounded that this team is hitting so many homeruns, especially without Bell being the guy.
dmetz

Power

Post by dmetz »

Speaking of power... I saw the replay of Moroffs HR today.   Anyone notice how effortlessly the kid parked that one into the right center field seats?     Unusual power for a middle infielder to do that with ease.   An unusal combination of skills (both good and bad)

I don't know what would need to happen for him to get a few starts in a row, though.  Doesn't seem like it's going to happen. 

I'm very optimistic Kang is going to take care of the middle infield power soon though, so I guess it doesn't matter to me anymore