6/25 game thread. New lineup.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

nice to win tonight. Let's do it again tomorrow.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Now if we can win the next 15 games it will make up for the 5-week trainwreck we have just witnessed.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Just got home from the game tonight. Only a 320 mile roundtrip from Schenectady! A few observations. Marte played an excellent CF tonight. In BP, the Bucs were hitting half the pitched for homers. Had trouble identifying players because of BP jerseys. Moran had a tough night on defense. Should have pulled JT after 6 because they hit two 400 foot outs in the sixth inning. I think Glasnow might be better off starting an inning. Our closer looked outstanding. Brault and Crick were good enough. Believe it or not, Mets 3rd baseman Luis Guillorme was considered the best fielder in minor league baseball last year playing SS for the Binghamton Rumble Ponies in AA. Third base is not his thing making two errors, and muffing a slow roller. Beautiful night in New York. Time to start a winning streak! Good night!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I doubt this team will put any kind of winning streak together I just don’t see it. I expect us to go 3-3 in these 6 games with both the Mets and Padres before heading to LA. And that isn’t good enough this team at this point needs 5-1 maybe even 6-0 this week but they most likely won’t come anywhere close to doing so.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

47607175706D52667170706D140 wrote: I doubt this team will put any kind of winning streak together I just don’t see it. I expect us to go 3-3 in these 6 games with both the Mets and Padres before heading to LA. And that isn’t good enough this team at this point needs 5-1 maybe even 6-0 this week but they most likely won’t come anywhere close to doing so.
Just winning 5 in a row requires one entire run thru the starting rotation without a bad performance, 5 games where the bullpen doesn't blow the lead, and enough hitting to make up for all the errors and wild pitches and bad base running even if the pitching was good, which it isn't. The Bus have had two 5-game win streaks this season but both were before the hitting settled into its nonproductive groove.

Speaking of hitting, it was nice to see Bell finally get a HR last night. It was an outside pitch that forced him to extend his arms to reach it. That seems to be his only chance. Otherwise he short arms the inside pitches and chops downward on the ones over the plate.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Nice game against at best a AAAA team.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

The Mets have some potential. Starters' era is great. Conforto can do better. Bruce can get healthy. And Cespedes can carry the team when he comes back.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: I doubt this team will put any kind of winning streak together I just don’t see it. I expect us to go 3-3 in these 6 games with both the Mets and Padres before heading to LA. And that isn’t good enough this team at this point needs 5-1 maybe even 6-0 this week but they most likely won’t come anywhere close to doing so.
Just winning 5 in a row requires one entire run thru the starting rotation without a bad performance, 5 games where the bullpen doesn't blow the lead, and enough hitting to make up for all the errors and wild pitches and bad base running even if the pitching was good, which it isn't. The Bus have had two 5-game win streaks this season but both were before the hitting settled into its nonproductive groove.

Speaking of hitting, it was nice to see Bell finally get a HR last night. It was an outside pitch that forced him to extend his arms to reach it. That seems to be his only chance. Otherwise he short arms the inside pitches and chops downward on the ones over the plate. 

Good observation, I thought the same thing.  Hitting the ball the other way is about the only way to get the ball in the air for him at a serviceable rate.    When he pulls or hits to center, he's one of the best worm killers in the league. 

Moran, while a much better hitter, has a similar issue.  his GB rate is just too high and he's almost a 33/33/33 spread hitter now.  The FB rate is too low and it's often a FB to center or LF... where he doesn't seem to have the power to get it out of the park.  A lot of decent depth FB's to LF and CF if he could just pull more often...     
notes34

Post by notes34 »

79707869671D0 wrote: Lol. Moran is a STATUE thats like 3 plays this game!.  It's hard to take seriously when I hear about 3bman of the future.   Give me a break.

Moran is 1b or bust.   No doubt about it. 
Or a quality backup/PH.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

222338293F7F784C0 wrote: Lol. Moran is a STATUE thats like 3 plays this game!.  It's hard to take seriously when I hear about 3bman of the future.   Give me a break.

Moran is 1b or bust.   No doubt about it. 
Or a quality backup/PH.

Could be.   There's no way this guy is playing 3b for long on a serious team, that's all I know.  The defense is atrocious.   Worst in the NL.   

I'm amazed the cartwheels I've seen and read some do talking about how he's doing well.    Cause, you know, his range and defense will get better as he gains experience lol.   Maybe in 2-3 years he will be a bottom fifth defender instead of clearly dead worst in baseball?  yeah right.   

Even if you have to hide a guy like him because his bat becomes uber productive, you cannot  have the worst defensive 3b in the game and the worst defensive 1b in the game in the same infield.   You're killing the pitching...  Maybe one, surely not both? 

Chances are good that both of these guys are going to mash though.  like .850+ OPS   ::)

If we moved Moran to 1b and option bell to AAA, I'd be all for it. Lets see if he can play 1b.