Season On The Brink: Series Win Against Mets Tonight?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Polanco is hitting now. He should be starting now while he's hot... until he disappears for another month.

NJBucsFan

Post by NJBucsFan »

I fell asleep in the middle of the game, and woke up just in time for the bottom of the eighth. I won't go so far as to say it means anything, but it sure was great to see! What say everyone about the double switch in the eighth for Vazquez? It certainly worked out well, but it seemed odd at the time.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

707971606E140 wrote: Polanco is hitting now.   He should be starting now while he's hot... until he disappears for another month.   

I would rather see him dealt, but that's just me. I want Meadows in the lineup everyday.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7A737B6A641E0 wrote: Polanco is hitting now.   He should be starting now while he's hot... until he disappears for another month.   

When he got hot last week Hurdle gave him his first 3 game benching of the season. Just like when Bell got benched the day after his HR.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I think a player rotation is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in baseball, but that's just me.   If you want to rest guys, use poor matchups as an opportunity to do so.   Play hot hands and rest slumping bats. Platoon if there's statistical advantage.

None of the guys being rotated and resting so often are producing over normal career lines when they weren't being rested as much.    There's no evidence behind what they're doing. Just a bunch of guesswork
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2D242C3D33490 wrote: I think a player rotation is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in baseball, but that's just me.   If you want to rest guys, use poor matchups as an opportunity to do so.   Play hot hands and rest slumping bats. Platoon if there's statistical advantage.

None of the guys being rotated and resting so often are producing over normal career lines when they weren't being rested as much.    There's no evidence behind what they're doing.   Just a bunch of guesswork
Generally, the more a player plays, the better it is for him. He sees more pitchers, more pitches, more situations. He stays in a good groove. The last thing a hitter on a hot streak wants is a day off.
mouse

Post by mouse »

There's meaning also to that old saying, 'a day off is followed by an off day,' even though that is usually referring to teams.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

It's all just a bunch of bull.   Hurdle says one thing one day, and contradicts it the next.   He wants to play guys to "get them going" when they're slumping...then rests players who are hitting and defends it by saying they believe the players are better when they're rested (outfielders mind you, not catchers lol)

Then, during a different interview mentions the Cervelli had to knock some rust off after missing 2 games.   (The first time he was out).  Up is down left is right.  Streaks are real, then they're not.

NH backs him during his interviews saying a rainout isn't really an"off" day because the player still mentally has to prepare for the game and warm up.   

It's a comedy act, these two knuckleheads actually believing they're smarter than the literal thousands of baseball players, coaches and executives before them who wouldnt dream of a rotation of OFs or Infielders (other than catchers) for rest purposes.

Then they talk about the Golden State Warriors  ;D Are these guys serious????   A Jr high kid could explain to them how much more physically demanding playing a basketball game is than spitting sunflowers in RF during a baseball game and batting 4 times.    Baseball isn't basketball, it's not hockey, and it sure as heck isn't football.  The BMTIB needs a NASA scientist to write them a memo to this effect, apparently

If they win, they can talk about magic pixiedust and unicorn underwear making the difference, for all I care.  But they're losers.  All of them.     Might as well build a shrine to JoBu, for all the measuable difference the rest of their krap makes.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

060F071618620 wrote: It's all just a bunch of bull.   Hurdle says one thing one day, and contradicts it the next.   He wants to play guys to "get them going" when they're slumping...then rests players who are hitting and defends it by saying they believe the players are better when they're rested (outfielders mind you, not catchers lol)

Then, he a different interview mentions the Cervelli had to knock some rust off after missing 2 games.   (The first time he was out)

NH backs him during his interviews saying a rainout isn't really an"off" day because the player still mentally has to prepare for the game and warm up.   

It's a comedy act, these two knuckleheads actually believing they're smarter than the literal thousands of baseball players, coaches and executives before them who wouldnt dream of a rotation of OFs or Infielders (other than catchers) for rest purposes.

Then they talk about the Golden State Warriors  ;D Are these guys serious????   A Jr high kid could explain to them how much more physically demanding playing a basketball game is than spitting sunflowers in RF during a baseball game and batting 4 times.    Baseball isn't basketball, it's not hockey, and it sure as heck isn't football.  The BMTIB needs a NASA scientist to write them a memo to this effect, apparently
Yeah, I find it laughable for a baseball team to use an NBA model for resting players. Other than when foul shots are being attempted, NBA players are in constant motion whenever on the court. Running, leaping and banging bodies. Very physical. Baseball players spend half the game sitting in the dugout while their team bats and if lucky may get to run the basses once or twice and even then not even all the bases. They spend the other half of the game in the field where only the pitcher and catcher are involved on every pitch. The rest may only be involved in a handful of plays each. But NH and Hurdle seem to think they are smarter than everyone else. Not that they have anything to show for their inventiveness.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

6E676F7E700A0 wrote: It's all just a bunch of bull.   Hurdle says one thing one day, and contradicts it the next.   He wants to play guys to "get them going" when they're slumping...then rests players who are hitting and defends it by saying they believe the players are better when they're rested (outfielders mind you, not catchers lol)

Then, during a different interview mentions the Cervelli had to knock some rust off after missing 2 games.   (The first time he was out).  Up is down left is right.  Streaks are real, then they're not.

If they win, they can talk about magic pixiedust and unicorn underwear making the difference, for all I care.  But they're losers.  All of them.     Might as well build a shrine to JoBu, for all the measuable difference the rest of their krap makes.

It’s a sad thing, but you’re telling it like it is.

No, it’s not sad. It’s really rotten that we have a team led by people who can’t seem to avoid stupid lies.