Glasnow pitching 8th - time for him to step up
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates v SD: redemption tour continues; game 3

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Three up, three down. Heart of order.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Crick was awarded the W. Of the 5 relievers who didn't give up a run, he pitched the most: 1.1 innings.
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

4B7771776C65736A040 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

What has happened to him?!
Actually, his previous 6 starts were pretty decent. In those games he had a 3.13 ERA and BA against of .232 and threw 67% strikes. I thought he had turned the corner but today was awful.

He's not a #1 pitcher and the only #1 we had we dealt away for a very poor return.  We might have a #1 in Indy but we're wasting his arm throwing to minor leaguers, I don't understand this FO, what a disaster.

Lol, a poor return?  We got three decent major league players for one that was mediocre for the bucs.   Not like we were going to get machado for cole.  We were lucky to get what we did

Just thought I'd throw in a note on the 4th and forgotten piece of that trade:

Jason Martin AA (recently promoted to AAA) 255 ABs 49 R 83 H 13 2B 5 3B 9 HR 34 RBIs 28 BBs 61 Ks .325 BA .392 OBP .913 OPS

The K's are a little high, but he's looking like a good get. Could add a lot of value to the trade before we really get to the point that it can be historically judged.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

7051444D754C57445140250 wrote: The mystery of Jamison Tallion continues.   

What has happened to him?!
Actually, his previous 6 starts were pretty decent. In those games he had a 3.13 ERA and BA against of .232 and threw 67% strikes. I thought he had turned the corner but today was awful.

He's not a #1 pitcher and the only #1 we had we dealt away for a very poor return.  We might have a #1 in Indy but we're wasting his arm throwing to minor leaguers, I don't understand this FO, what a disaster.

Lol, a poor return?  We got three decent major league players for one that was mediocre for the bucs.   Not like we were going to get machado for cole.  We were lucky to get what we did

Just thought I'd throw in a note on the 4th and forgotten piece of that trade:

Jason Martin AA (recently promoted to AAA) 255 ABs 49 R 83 H 13 2B 5 3B 9 HR 34 RBIs 28 BBs 61 Ks .325 BA .392 OBP .913 OPS

The K's are a little high, but he's looking like a good get. Could add a lot of value to the trade before we really get to the point that it can be historically judged.

he may turn out to be best in the deal.  At the time it seemed like Josh Harrison was a thrown in to the Grabow/Gorzelanzy deal with Cubs. Turns out that neither Hart or Ascanio did anything with Bucs. (had to look deal up but it is hard to believe it happened July 30, 2009 - I am getting old)
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Good series win on the road vs. a rotten Mets team.

Good series win on the road vs. a bad Padres team.

You can never complain about a series win, especially on the road, but man I wish we could have swept the Padres.

Because I don't see how in the world we're going to get a win in LA. Gotta face 3 tough lefties. Feels like 3 potential no-hit bids and possible shutouts. I'd put our over-under on total runs in the series at about 2.5. It's not going to be pretty.

But, that aside, I'll try to stay positive and enjoy back-to-back series wins for the first time in eons.

And wow 2-out grand slams are backbreakers ... and game-changers.

Moran may be below average defensively, but he's been pretty darn solid at the plate, and has showed good pop. I believe he's on pace for 20 jacks, which is about 10 more than I would have expected.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Overall a nice 4-2 week against two teams the Pirates should beat in the Mets and Padres. Will it mean anything in the long run probably not. I don’t expect the Pirates to win any of the next 3 or 4 series before the All Star Break against the Dodgers,Phillies,Nationals, or Brewers.