Pirates@Indians 7/24 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

If they trade Dickerson I'll be WAY more pissed than when they traded Cutch.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please tell me he just has flu-like symptoms or something like that.

If we've traded Dickerson for a 2 middling prospects and a garbage reliever I will snap.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1D303D2C2B3A2D6D6E5F0 wrote: Oliver Perez! For a guy who's had sporadic success at best, he's sure been around a long time.

Ollie has a special place in my wife's heart. She has an autographed Perez jersey #59 for 2006 that she won with a special number in her program book as we entered the gate by the Stargell statue. It's large for her and way, way too small for me.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

373B323F28742E3337352E3223686A1A3D375A0 wrote: Luplow in left. Shit, why?

Just Clint being Clint, by the seventh inning he will have his Sunday go to meeting lineup in the game. Need to give some guys a rest and some others some action! ;D
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

143625383B3E39361522343438570 wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please tell me he just has flu-like symptoms or something like that.

If we've traded Dickerson for a 2 middling prospects and a garbage reliever I will snap.
Greg Brown just said he was assured Dickerson's removal is not trade related. Either a minor injury/sickness or just an early rest in a 7-1 game.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0B3731372C25332A440 wrote: This OF is the best in baseball.   Find me one better.

Half this board wanted this OF traded last week.  Pretty telling

Your post requires one thing: July 1 (or thereabouts) you believed the Pirates were getting ready to win 12 in a row and you believed Neal needed to be a buyer.

I’ve been pretty patient most of this season, but by mid-June there seemed to be little evidence these guys, the OF specifically, were ever going to play up to expectations. I did not see any reason or any way the Pirates would be buyers. So I wanted Neal to trade anything with value.

But I also saw this OF suddenly, possibly, a cornerstone about 10 days ago. I’m glad I was wrong on July 1, but I don’t think I (or anyone really) was being unfair.

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Dickerson: left hamstring discomfort.

Not noted but deserving: Josh Bell goes yard for 2 runs.

Josh is not getting the props of some players, but he’s also on fire. His swing looks like it spent some time in the repair shop getting a major overhaul.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

65595F59424B5D442A0 wrote: This OF is the best in baseball.   Find me one better.

Looks like we just needed to stop rotating them like chickens, right? I'm confused how the 3 of them can be hitting like this on such little rest
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Great observation. They have all played FIVE DAYS IN A ROW.

That goes against everything the Pirates stand for ... and yet somehow all three have been scorching hot.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

353C34252B510 wrote: This OF is the best in baseball.   Find me one better.

Looks like we just needed to stop rotating them like chickens, right?  I'm confused how the 3 of them can be hitting like this on such little rest
I know, right? It's almost as if more consistent playing time yields better results. Who knew?