Pirates@Indians 7/25 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I absolutely want to win today to get to 12, but there's no way I can be disappointed at all following 11 straight wins, two blowout wins in Cleveland, Dickerson and now Marte out, and Bauer on the mound dealing.

If we lose today, let's get back home, hope that we're healthy and take care of business (at least 3 of 4) vs. the Muts.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

First streak is over, time to begin a new one on Thursday.

What a great run to try and climb back into contention. I wrote this team off after the series in LA.

Sure hope that Marte and Dickerson can return soon and perform at a high level of play.

I also want to thank the players for making this season enjoyable again.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Hopefully this is the last game we see guys like Luplow, Rodriguez and Stallings in the same lineup. The Pirates have two off days next week so there is no reason in the world that the regulars shouldn’t be playing every game this weekend against the Mets. Your back in contention here now you have less then 60 games left the time for Clint to rest guys is over. The Pirates just better hope both Dickerson and Marte are okay and back in the lineup the next few games. This has been a great run now it’s time to start over and take care of a bad Mets team this weekend. No reason they shouldn’t take 3 of 4 in this series.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

If Marte is hurt then this is over.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

4C7E72726654777E7376797E1F0 wrote: If Marte is hurt then this is over.

What is over?
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

467478786C5E7D74797C7374150 wrote: If Marte is hurt then this is over.

Hurdle calls it a contusion, which means it's probably just a bad bruise, not broken.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

If Marte is out for any stretch time to get Meadows up here in a hurry. Send Frazier back down to Indy. But keep Ludlow as he was hitting like made in Indy. As for SRod, no way is NH going to get rid of him. But he has to tell Clint to keep him on the bench as much as possible.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I was figuring that Meadows was probably already in route and would be here tomorrow. There's no way both Dickerson and Marte are going to be in the lineup tomorrow. The Pirates are usually overly cautious with these type of things (and I'm not being critical of them for it), so if they're out for more than like a day i'd get Meadows on the field.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

If it's left wrist, perhaps he could still field ala 8th inning double switches.   Defensive dropoff is severe enough with whoever plays CF, it may be useful while Marte is still rostered
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

714C525F505A51735B4C5D5B5A3E0 wrote: Demote Luplow.

I didn't see the game today but I might defend Luplow a bit. He started slow in Indy hitting only .180 in April, but he improved to .310, .320, and .367 in May, June, and July, respectively. It would be impossible to justify playing him over the three regulars at this point, but his track record indicates he has the ability to adapt and produce at a high level over time. Should either Dickerson or Marte be out for a period of time, Luplow might get his chance to evolve into the player I think we will all be happy with.