Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

7/27 - No Dickerson or Marte Again

Post by INbuc »

So does Freese earn 1.0 WAR tonight?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Marte was on deck after Freese so that’s a good sign that he is ready to go and should be back in the lineup tomorrow night. Hopefully Dickerson is close and ready to go as well. No more Luplow and Rodriguez in the lineup.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Had to have it.

With deGrom waiting tomorrow night, we HAD to have this one.

What a night for Freese. All 5 RBI including a walk-off in a 5-4 win. Incredible.

I just want the Pirates to get their roster right. I fully expect them to play 3 men short tomorrow night. If Dickerson is going to miss another game, then he should have gone to the DL to begin with.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

022534303528172334353528510 wrote: I’m tired of seeing Rodriguez playing everyday now as well. He is now 0 for his last 12 since hitting That homerun in Cincy on Sunday. He is not someone you can play everyday he gets worse the more he plays. Why can’t they call Meadows back up to play center over Sean Rod. Don’t know why it’s so hard for the Pirates to figure this out.
Why was it so hard last year for them to figure out a team needs at least 3 outfielders? Or that Watson should not have been used as thre closer for so long when he was struggling? Why is it so hard for them to figure out that resting key players in key games is counterproductive to winning? Why was it so hard for them to figure out that Bell should not have been batting fourth for so long when he couldn't hit? Why was it so hard for them to figure out that Polanco should not have been batting 2nd so long when he couldn't hit? Why did Hurdle decide to rest his BP the day before the 4-day AS break when he used Tanner Anderson in the 10th? The people making these decisions are not stupid. But they certainly have a different agenda. Winning is not the #1 priority. It's mind boggling for fans to see a team run in this fashion. But TBMTIB seems to believe it isn't important to do the things that maximize a team's potential to win. They have to field a team but they're not in it to win it.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Mr. Freeze gets some serious redemption for the night prior.  Great fielding, great hitting and even doing it vs RHP this year.    Usually his weakness
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

454C44555B210 wrote: Mr. Freeze gets some serious redemption for the night prior.  Great fielding, great hitting and even doing it vs RHP this year.    Usually his weakness
Don't know how long Bell will be out. That could give Freese more time at 1B. But if Marte or Dickerson return to the OF soon, Hurdle could make Rodriguez his everyday 1Bman. :o
CTBucco

Post by CTBucco »

133E33222534236360510 wrote: Mr. Freeze gets some serious redemption for the night prior.  Great fielding, great hitting and even doing it vs RHP this year.    Usually his weakness
Don't know how long Bell will be out. That could give Freese more time at 1B. But if Marte or Dickerson return to the OF soon, Hurdle could make Rodriguez his everyday 1Bman.  :o

While Osuna wastes away in Indy.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Call Equifax! Email TransUnion!! Tweet Experian!!! We've gotta credit Freese for that win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I find it interesting that Luplow has better minor league numbers than Meadows, same levels same age. Also interesting that his sprint speed is registering nearly tops on the team. Also that Meadows is a bad defender and will be a future corner OF.

Hmm
mouse

Post by mouse »

From what little I've seen of Luplow, he seems a lot better outfielder than I thought. He made an over-the-head running catch the other day that was quite impressive.