In honor of our new #24...24 thoughts

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I think Newman and Kramer both have a chance of contributing to thftedmin 2019. Both are very close y bring ready. And with Jordy and JHay most likely both out of here there is a good Chance this could very well be the middle infield the next year. I like the depth right now in the organization.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Although I am a bit leery with two rookies up the middle. Especially if this is our "going for it" time.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Although J-Hay is not providing much at the plate, Mercer is having a decent year; he is actually leading the team in doubles while usually batting out of the 8th hole.

If the Bucs had been sellers, I would have tried to move both J-Hay and Mercer. With the current run (Go Bucs), I would keep both. I would prefer that they jettison S-Rod (which won't happen) and that they carry the better of Kramer or Newman on the major league team and give the selected player regular at bats at both SS and 2nd. Alternatively, they could take the same approach with Moroff. Moroff has some pop in the bat (although he hasn't hit for average) and seems to have a glove that is at least equal to Rodriguez at SS. And, as long as Osuna is up, they have 2 folks (also Freese) who can play 1st.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

When NH made the deals I got so excited that my wife went to the store an bought a whole box of Depends XXXL size for me to wear! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

In reality I am thrilled but my thrill is tempered for 2018. Hope they make the playoffs for the fans and the player's sake but I really believe that NH and CheapoBob may have had a change in heart due to the lack of fannies in the seats and the constant dising by the fans on talk radio.

Good for us fans. I am prepared with the Depends incase they actually make the playoffs and they make a decent run toward a NL pennant or maybe the whole shebang.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

525348594F0F083C0 wrote: It's a 180 from previous thinking, not a justification or continuation of it.     It's embracing a window that's been opened by our OF of Dickerson Marte and Polanco

The moves align us, they give up possible future for the Marte, Polanco Dickerson outfield.

So I could hardly disagree more with it continuing a philosophy.  It's embracing a window opened now and with Keller, Hayes, Martin, Kramer/Newman to assist.

It's the right change.  Now let's get the infield fixed in short order and we've really got something going

Edit: and can't forget luplow.   Dude has some tools that are surprising. 

I'm with you this is not a continuation of a current philosophy. This is a completely different path. I like the move. If Kang ends up being the PTBNL I will utterly and completely change my opinion. Kang will be a difference maker when he returns.

Per Adam Berry on twitter, Kang was scheduled to start his rehab assignment today but has a re-occurance of his left wrist discomfort and was shut down.   

Very disappointing news.  We've got to get him going.

Doesn't he understand that you've got to switch hands every other beer or you risk wrist discomfort?  8-)  
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon. (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4. Moroff turned 25 in May.

these guys should be ready next year.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Archer said in an interview that out of respect for Cutch he chose 24 instead of 22.  I thought that was pretty classy.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

5D7B7A6D7B6B180 wrote: Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon.  (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4.  Moroff turned 25 in May.

I would like to see Moroff. He has shown he has pretty decent pop.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

7E7F6475632324100 wrote: Kramer and Newman both turn 25 soon.  (Kramer October 23) and Newman August 4.  Moroff turned 25 in May.

I would like to see Moroff. He has shown he has pretty decent pop.

In the field Moroff reminds me of an old, old, Pirate they called Dr. Strangeglove! That would be Big Stu, Pirate 1B or the early to mid 60's. He was guy on deck when Maz hit his homer and led the Bucs in HR several years. Too bad he had hands of stone when he put is glove on.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

6560676169637A676E7D7B760F0 wrote: Archer said in an interview that out of respect for Cutch he chose 24 instead of 22.  I thought that was pretty classy.

I'm impressed with the class and demeanor. Good to get off on the right foot for him.