Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

7F7A7D7B7379607D7467616C150 wrote: He will be back to hitting Ok in a month   If not sooner.   Wait and see. :)

What? Optimistm!?  Who are you as what have you done with dmetz?

lol.  Kang was an elite hitter in 2016.  elite is not a word I throw lightly.   He has a cannon of an arm, a good glove, and can play 2b, SS, or 3b.   

To me, the idea that he forgot how to play baseball after playing the game for 20 some years of his 31 years old life is very, very, unlikely. Sometimes I have to remind myself that John Kruk was good at this game. This isn't rocket science for guys with tools like Kang...    The ball explodes off his bat.   he has peripheral value even if it doesn't explode off his bat anymore.

My expectation is that he's a middle of the order bat, legitimate, by July 4th. 

Id like him playing shortstop.  

BenM

Kang back?

Post by BenM »

Who got paid off to make this happen?

Seriously , nothing has changed in the conditions that prevented him from getting a visa this spring. All talk from the front office was that they were moving on.

Yes, people make mistakes and can earn second chances. But in his third DUI the only reason he didn't kill people is because he hit a lane divider. And then he tried to let his passenger take the blame.

Pass.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I think he would have to go through the MLB. Treatment Program and then he can report to Pirate City.
JollyRoger

Kang back?

Post by JollyRoger »

416068416A62050 wrote: Yuck, guy is not trustworthy enough to be welcomed back to MLB.  Too many DUIs.  Once and alcoholic always an alcoholic.  I sure hope that he has learned a lesson and is able to control his alcoholism like Hurdle has.  I think he is better served by just staying in the KBL for a guy with his problems and age and being off for so long.  Good Luck to him though.

Doesn't mean he is an alcoholic.  I don't get why people think that?   

Kang can give a little boost to the team.  I hope he hasn't lost his game.

Okay Dog I will put it so that you can truly understand what Kang is:  [move]HE IS A DRUNK!! and A DRUNK DRIVER TOO BOOT!! NOT ONCE BUT THRICE!!![/move]  If you can't understand that and keep on being a shill for him to play with this team again then I will lose all respect for you.

Do not take me wrong Dog.  I do feel that Kang may have his problems figured out but it only takes one drink and perhaps he is back to being a DRUNK again.  For his personal sake I hope so.

Come on Possum lighten up. How does that saying go: to err is human to forgive divine. Kang has had his issues granted, but he has paid a hefty price and has satisfied the MLB protocol. Let’s see what transpires before you condemn him.
johnfluharty

Kang back?

Post by johnfluharty »

313830212F550 wrote: He will be back to hitting Ok in a month   If not sooner.   Wait and see. :)

What? Optimistm!?  Who are you as what have you done with dmetz?

lol.  Kang was an elite hitter in 2016.  elite is not a word I throw lightly.   He has a cannon of an arm, a good glove, and can play 2b, SS, or 3b.   

To me, the idea that he forgot how to play baseball after playing the game for 20 some years of his 31 years old life is very, very, unlikely.  Sometimes I have to remind myself that John Kruk was good at this game.  This isn't rocket science for guys with tools like Kang...    The ball explodes off his bat.   he has peripheral value even if it doesn't explode off his bat anymore.

My expectation is that he's a middle of the order bat, legitimate, by July 4th.    

Id like him playing shortstop.  

It's a no-lose situation for the Pirates at this point. We ease him back, let him get in game shape and get his timing down, then we see what he can do.
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

PG article Kang visa
ChitownBucco

Kang back?

Post by ChitownBucco »

not sure we'll ever actually see him back in the bigs after his getting released from a dominican winter league team.

lot of rust to knock off

He will still on restricted list for time being. Which is unpaid to my understanding. Wonder how long the Pirates will be able to milk that before player's association or MLB steps in
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Kang back?

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I doubt he will serve a suspension from MLB, but it is possible I guess. If that happens, it shouldn't hurt the Pirates as he will need time to get ready and in game shape.

Quail

Kang back?

Post by Quail »

Let him do what he has to do per MLB. Allow him some time to get into playing shape. I have some serious doubts that he'll be the impact player he was before. Really nothing to lose to let the process play out.
ChitownBucco

Kang back?

Post by ChitownBucco »

5C786C64610D0 wrote: Let him do what he has to do per MLB. Allow him some time to get into playing shape. I have some serious doubts that he'll be the impact player he was before. Really nothing to lose to let the process play out.

well the money owed him on the contract is there to lose.