Cards@Bucs 8/4 Game Thread...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

And he lets McRae bat too for crying out loud this inning and he is going to come out again for the 7th. This is inexcusable the bullpen can’t be this tired. They had too stinkin off days this week as well and a lot of the main guys didn’t even pitch in the Cubs game on Wednesday that was a blowout. This is extremely annoying.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

For the most part McRae looks out of his league, but maybe we found his role. Pitching to Matt Carpenter. Twice McRae twisted him up like pretzel on strike outs.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

The Braves look like they are going to lose tonight to the Mets so a missed opportunity by the Pirates tonight to pick up a full game on the Braves in the wildcard because Hurdle wants to use his worst two pitchers the last 4-5 innings in this game. These are just decisions and mistakes that cannot happen when you are in the middle of a pennant race and there are just about 50 games yet. This is why it’s time for Hurdle to go I’ve seen enough.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1B3C2D292C310E3A2D2C2C31480 wrote: The Braves look like they are going to lose tonight to the Mets so a missed opportunity by the Pirates tonight to pick up a full game on the Braves in the wildcard because Hurdle wants to use his worst two pitchers the last 4-5 innings in this game. These are just decisions and mistakes that cannot happen when you are in the middle of a pennant race and there are just about 50 games yet. This is why it’s time for Hurdle to go I’ve seen enough.
They take stolen bases away for fielder's indifference. Can they take losses away for manager's indifference?
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: The Braves look like they are going to lose tonight to the Mets so a missed opportunity by the Pirates tonight to pick up a full game on the Braves in the wildcard because Hurdle wants to use his worst two pitchers the last 4-5 innings in this game. These are just decisions and mistakes that cannot happen when you are in the middle of a pennant race and there are just about 50 games yet. This is why it’s time for Hurdle to go I’ve seen enough.
They take stolen bases away for fielder's indifference. Can they take losses away for manager's indifference?

If there was "Like" button I could click I would like that comment. ;D
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Nevershouldpitchagsininthemlbkaus gives up a huge insurance run to Carpenter that makes it 8-4. Really glad to see Hurdle actually have a damn about Staying in this wildcard race. Because managing the way he has so far tonight proves he really doesn’t.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E69787C79645B6F787979641D0 wrote: Nevershouldpitchagsininthemlbkaus gives up a huge insurance run to Carpenter that makes it 8-4. Really glad to see Hurdle actually have a damn about Staying in this wildcard race. Because managing the way he has so far tonight proves he really doesn’t.
Sadly, it's been going on all season.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: Nevershouldpitchagsininthemlbkaus gives up a huge insurance run to Carpenter that makes it 8-4. Really glad to see Hurdle actually have a damn about Staying in this wildcard race. Because managing the way he has so far tonight proves he really doesn’t.
Sadly, it's been going on all season.

at the end of the season we may be able to look back on 35 or 40 games where Clint didn't try to win. Maybe 5 to 7 extra losses result from that. Just inexcusable.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I agree with pretty much everyone else tonight ... I thought our bullpen now we deeper and better than ever, so WHY IN THE WORLD would Hurdle go with McRae in a time game. We just had 2 days off. No way the bullpen is taxed or tired. Idiotic decision that I can't explain ... and that probably cost us the game.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

If your starters can't go 5 innings i'm not sure the other things matter.