9/7 - Bucs vs Marling . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

5D55564157575B340 wrote: If Polanco is hurt there is no reason not to play Luplow.

Polanco hurt his left knee and shoulder on an awkward slide into second in the 6th inning. He was legging out a double. A case where hustle may have cost the Bucs a player for who know how long. Still, good hustle Gregory.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Sometimes I get the sense Polanco is just a big awkward kid who hasn't quite grown into his body yet. He could be something special if he harnesses it all before his Pirates tenure ends.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

That was the worst slide I've ever seen in my life. But even if he's out the rest of this season should be ready for next.
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Hope it is not an ACL...then he would be out until next May/June.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

2A2D011600630 wrote: Luplow needs regular at bats ...He seems to be a slow starter . He hasn't done much but would hate to see him move on with out a real chance

Totally agree.  He has always adjusted at every level.

With 20 games left it would be an interesting experiment to play Luplow, Osuna, Newman, and Kramer the next ten games.  Then play them the next 10 games.  With a little experience and confidence I bet they would each perform a lot better those final 10 games.

I hope Clint doesn't read this. It might make his head explode.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

062021362030430 wrote: Luplow needs regular at bats ...He seems to be a slow starter . He hasn't done much but would hate to see him move on with out a real chance

Totally agree.  He has always adjusted at every level.

With 20 games left it would be an interesting experiment to play Luplow, Osuna, Newman, and Kramer the next ten games.  Then play them the next 10 games.  With a little experience and confidence I bet they would each perform a lot better those final 10 games.

I hope Clint doesn't read this.  It might make his head explode.

Imagine, if that happens they would have a great idea for an promotion nite next year. Clint Hurdle Exploding Head Bobble Head Doll Nite! That should fill the ballpark ! ;D ;D ;D
notes34

Post by notes34 »

767E7D6A7C7C701F0 wrote: If Polanco is hurt there is no reason not to play Luplow.
Frazier needs to play. He is hitting and should be auditioning for a full time role.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Good pitching.

Seems like the rookies have looked better

Really good to see Bell hit HRs in back to back games.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

All right Robbie, that’s it. I’m calling Neal and Frank tomorrow. I can’t stand it any longer!

Absolutely DUMBEST question ever: after asking several questions about the “energy the young guys have added to the Pirates team” Robbie asks “how has the energy in Indianapolis helped this Pirate team?”

Robbie...WHAT?!