Rumors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Rumors

Post by SyrBucco »

I wanted Jose Iglesias before we acquired Gonzalez, and I still do. Iglesias is a terrific defender like Ahmed, but won't cost us prospects we can ill-afford to give up!

We just saved money with the Nova dump: let's use it where we need it!
fjk090852-7

Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5C786C64610D0 wrote: Does Ahmed make this team better??

The answer is no!

I’ll pass
Oh he makes the Pirates better, just with his defense. If he can duplicate what he did last year offensively I would be fine with him.

Agreed. His defense would be a big positive for a team like the Pirates who will go as far as their pitching will take them. I have some doubts that he'll be able to repeat his power output from last year, and given that the Pirates will have to part with assets to get him, I'd prefer signing a free agent such as Hechavarria who would also provide plus defense. 

I just read one article that said there  are still discussions going on regarding Ahmed. He would solidify the infield defense, but I wonder what it would take to acquire him from the Diamondbacks. I would not include Tucker, Keller, Hayes or Swaggerty in any deal. The two July trade deadline moves resulted with 5 prospects being dealt, and I think if the Bucs move any additional top 10 prospects their minor league system would be rated very very low.