Francisco Cervelli

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Francisco Cervelli

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I also like Alex Wood. I think I would do that trade to acquire a legit LH major league starter.

But why are we talking about this?

Is this an actual thing or a report or at least a rumor ... or is this just us Pirates fans dreaming and talking about things that will never happen in a million years?
BucsFaninGA

Francisco Cervelli

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Some speculation earlier in the week. No further mention of it as far as I know...You gotta think once Wilson Ramos came off the list, McCann from Tigers and Astros are signed...Grandal has got to be next....Once Grandal signs, folks will be more interested in catching help.

Beat'em Bucs
Bobster21

Francisco Cervelli

Post by Bobster21 »

0730263603242B2C2B0204450 wrote: Some speculation earlier in the week. No further mention of it as far as I know...You gotta think once Wilson Ramos came off the list, McCann from Tigers and Astros are signed...Grandal has got to be next....Once Grandal signs, folks will be more interested in catching help.

Beat'em Bucs

I think Cervelli's injury history, especially with concussions and the corresponding days off for the protocol seriously hinders any interest in him. Especially with his 11 million price tag. I think the only way he gets traded is if the Pirates pay a significant chunk of that money and the return doesn't figure to be too great for an injury prone catcher.