it's a day game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

it's a day game

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah, I'm not making another game thread.
Bobster21

it's a day game

Post by Bobster21 »

04363A3A2E1C3F363B3E3136570 wrote: Yeah, I'm not making another game thread.
Don't blame yourself Sammy. Ecbucs lost the game by going for a chocolate muffin.
dmetz

it's a day game

Post by dmetz »

Now I see why Newman was passed over by a 27yr old minor league journeyman.   

He can't field the position.  Was afraid of that.   That's roughly what I had heard.   1 game a career doesn't make but yeah, he can't field shortstop, good luck trying to get the bat to play elsewhere. That's not a prospect.   

Can Tucker field shortstop?  Funny, I was told for a couple years Newman was a good shortstop.   Guess he forgot how to play defense once he got into the high minors  ::) could happen to anyone
SCBucco

it's a day game

Post by SCBucco »

496469787F6E79393A0B0 wrote: Yeah, I'm not making another game thread.
Don't blame yourself Sammy. Ecbucs lost the game by going for a chocolate muffin.

I hope the darn thing at least had sprinkles or chocolate chips and was good.

Seriously, I was impressed by the defense LOL. I don't want to see Brault pick anymore here. Then again, I made that same plea last year too.
fjk090852-7

it's a day game

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6E676F7E700A0 wrote: Now I see why Newman was passed over by a 27yr old minor league journeyman.   

He can't field the position.  Was afraid of that.   That's roughly what I had heard.   1 game a career doesn't make but yeah, he can't field shortstop, good luck trying to get the bat to play elsewhere. That's not a prospect.   

Can Tucker field shortstop?  Funny, I was told for a couple years Newman was a good shortstop.   Guess he forgot how to play defense once he got into the high minors  ::) could happen to anyone
I really feel the Pirates missed their chance this past offseason to bring in a veteran shortstop. I too hope that Tucker is the answer, but they won’t bring him on board until after the All Star Game.
Ecbucs

it's a day game

Post by Ecbucs »

505C5D060F060E03041B01360 wrote: Now I see why Newman was passed over by a 27yr old minor league journeyman.   

I really feel the Pirates missed their chance this past offseason to bring in a veteran shortstop. I too hope that Tucker is the answer, but they won’t bring him on board until after the All Star Game.

after experiences with Polanco and Glasnow, it has finally been beaten into my head to never count on a rookie coming up and making a big contribution. It certainly happens often but you just can't expect it.
dmetz

it's a day game

Post by dmetz »

I'm fine with Egon for quite a bit longer. Which is to say, I'm not yelling for Tucker to be called up right now. Egon has made some highlight reel plays and he's off his (sss) ML norms with the bat this early. I want to see if he can settle in. Much too early yet.

He needs to get that glove calmed down, first and foremost.

SammyKhalifa

it's a day game

Post by SammyKhalifa »

242D25343A400 wrote: I'm fine with Egon for quite a bit longer.   Which is to say, I'm not yelling for Tucker to be called up right now.    Egon has made some highlight reel plays and he's off his (sss) ML norms with the bat this early.  I want to see if he can settle in.   Much too early yet. 

Heh, I'm a little dense but I was just not understanding the Egon nickname for a long time. I wasn't seeing the resemblance. :D
DemDog

it's a day game

Post by DemDog »

685A56564270535A57525D5A3B0 wrote: I'm fine with Egon for quite a bit longer.   Which is to say, I'm not yelling for Tucker to be called up right now.    Egon has made some highlight reel plays and he's off his (sss) ML norms with the bat this early.  I want to see if he can settle in.   Much too early yet. 

Heh, I'm a little dense but I was just not understanding the Egon nickname for a long time.   I wasn't seeing the resemblance.  :D

For those who are dense :D Maybe we should use EGon! You know like SRod! Took me a few moments to figure it out too
SyrBucco

it's a day game

Post by SyrBucco »

I'm just waiting for one of our Pirate announcers to proclaim, after a nifty catch and throw from Gonzalez:

"He hit it to EGon, and he's gone!"