Pirates vs Rangers 5/7

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

Pirates vs Rangers 5/7

Post by Ecbucs »

454D4E796F4A6D620C0 wrote: I've got to believe that Kela is available today. I'd think they would have DL'd him by now, or IL'd or whatever it's called, if he wasn't available.

[edit]KEONE KELA

RP, PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Keone Kela (shoulder) is still being assessed.

Kela has been unavailable since leaving an appearance Saturday against the Athletics due to discomfort in his right shoulder, but the Pirates have yet to place him on the injured list, so there is obviously some hope that it's a minor issue. The 26-year-old setup man has disappointed to the tune of a 4.63 ERA in 11 2/3 innings this season.

SOURCE: Adam Berry on Twitter[/edit]

https://www.rotoworld.com/baseball/mlb/ ... keone-kela

Great...I don't get it. The IL is 10 days now. If he doesn't pitch today, that's already four days. If he can't go tomorrow, we're already half way to what he would have been down for had they just IL'd him. Normally, I wouldn't care. But given that this week, you're starting two bullpen guys and basically knowing that you're going to have two BP games, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to play a man down in your bullpen.

some of it may be that they already have Feliz, Never and Lyons up. DuRapu is probably next one in line. Maybe they will make a move if Kela if they decide Kela can't pitch tomorrow (and I don't see how he can).
SammyKhalifa

Pirates vs Rangers 5/7

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm not sure how we didn't give up any runs that inning.

But see, it's not just the pirates who do that!

SammyKhalifa

Pirates vs Rangers 5/7

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Seriously, how do you get two walks and two stolen bases and a single in the same inning and not score?
SammyKhalifa

Pirates vs Rangers 5/7

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm only following on GD, but I heard it hit PPG place