Pirates vs Cards 5/12

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I am thrilled with today's developments, but I still have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about bottom 9.

It would be just like the Pirates -- and the Cardinals -- to blow this game in the 9th when they have a golden chance to take three straight in STL.

So far it's been an incredible game for Bell and the Buccos.

But I won't relax until the Pirates get the 27th out.

JollyRoger

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by JollyRoger »

This team has shown a lot of heart.

Who believed that this team could be on the verge of winning 3 out of 4 from the Cards after blowing the game against the Rangers and losing the first game against the Cards 17-4.

Nutting must give NH the funds to get more help and keep the team in contention while the injured players recover.

This team deserves that commitment
IABucFan

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by IABucFan »

Good on Clint keeping Liriano in there. He’s been really good so far. Maybe put him back in the rotation until Taillon returns?
JollyRoger

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by JollyRoger »

We have gotten on Polanco for his fielding.

However; have you ever seen a worse RF than Martinez of the Cardinals. He is not only horrible but has to be the slowest OF in MLB
JollyRoger

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by JollyRoger »

Raise it

Take that Redbirds!!!!
IABucFan

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by IABucFan »

Best win of the year.
rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

626A695E486D4A452B0 wrote: Good on Clint keeping Liriano in there. He’s been really good so far. Maybe put him back in the rotation until Taillon returns?

Really good idea. Frankie is getting it done. I don’t know how many pitches he can go, but maybe get 5 innings in?

CarolinaBucco

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Wow. If you had told me on Thursday night after that debacle that the Pirates would win the next 3 straight in STL, I would have bet a million $$ against it. I am somewhat stunned. Our pitching was in SHAMBLES, absolute shambles, 72 hours ago.

Amazing turnaround.

Count me as very impressed.
SteadyFreddy

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Gotta give this team credit for picking itself up after that tough tough loss against the Rangers and then getting blown out to start the Cards series. To come back and win the last 3 games of this series says a lot. Just think if this team would have guys like Kang actually hitting and getting a guy like Dickerson back as well who is a good hitter. I don’t know how things will ultimately play out for this team but they definitely show a ton of guts and continue to just plug away game after game. The Bucs are now 8-6 in this current stretch of 16 of 21 games on the road. 11-10 or even 10-11 is definitely looking more doable.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Cards 5/12

Post by IABucFan »

Stratton picks up the W in his first appearance with the Bucs.