Pirates vs Reds 5/28

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

And the Reds hit another Homer!

With Lyle hurt, this has the potential to be a humiliating season. Maybe that will shine a spotlight on Nutting.
gileszee

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by gileszee »

Nutting will use the injuries as an excuse not to do anything. He will talk more bs about how unfortunate yhis is...blah blah blah. We just need to do the best we can with the guys we have....blah blah blah.

At this rate...60 and 102.
fjk090852-7

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I did not watch or listen to tonight’s game, but why did Musgrove run for Reynolds in the ninth? I hope Reynolds is not injured.
IABucFan

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by IABucFan »

I said it when Williams got hurt. I’ll say it again now. This season blows.
JollyRoger

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by JollyRoger »

323E3F646D646C61667963540 wrote: I did not watch or listen to tonight’s game, but why did Musgrove run for Reynolds in the ninth? I hope Reynolds is not injured.
Reynolds fouled a ball off his ankle. Wehner was commenting that it usually takes a couple of days and lots of ice before you can play again
DemDog

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by DemDog »

With the way the SP staff has been going down, I would not be at all surprised if Musgrove doesn't go and hide somewhere to avoid the injury bug. This is just unbelievable. 4 out of the 5 SP in what was considered one of the best in the NL if not MLB at the beginning of the season are gone and nobody to replace them. Geesh! :'(
dmetz

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by dmetz »

Position players need to man up and play with some discomfort. This isn't football. Apparently it might be ballett though.

rucker59@gmail.com

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

1808093E2828244B0 wrote: Marte again turns the wrong way on yet another double. Marte needs to go. He's got so much more talent than he's using. It sures seems like he no longer cares. 

I really wonder what his trade value is on the open market.  I don't think its as much as we think.  Say you trade him for prospects, that 11.5 million won't be reinvested.

Listened to Jack Z on the FAN after the game talking about what the Pirates can do about the current situation. He didn’t offer much hope, but I thought his comments about Marte and Polanco were very telling. He was going through the lineup and each players proformance, whether there is any upside to possible tap into. His full comment about the Dynamic Duo: “they are what they are”.

Yikes! What a waste of potential.
Bobster21

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by Bobster21 »

242D25343A400 wrote: Position players need to man up and play with some discomfort.    This isn't football.   Apparently it might be ballett though.
Tough to tell if it's the players saying they can't play or Hurdle, who never met a player he didn't want to rest, looking for any opportunity to keep them off the field.
MaineBucs

Pirates vs Reds 5/28

Post by MaineBucs »

Thought it was a good move to take Reynolds out of a who cares situation; no reason to risk a more serious injury.

Then again, putting a starting pitcher on the base paths with the way so many starters are injured is also taking a risk.