Pirates @ Mets - 7/28 - Game Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

If the Pirates had trailed by 1 run going into the 9th, they wouldn't have scored.

If they had trailed by 6 runs, they would have scored 5.

Because Pirates.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

5E79686C69744B7F686969740D0 wrote: I think the Pirates need to move on from Archer as well after this season and not pick up his option. I’ve just seen enough from Archer to know I don’t want him in this rotation moving forward the next few years. It’s always but if it wasn’t for this one inning with Chris Archer or he got blown up this inning but he got it back together after that after he gave up 6 runs in the first. The excuses for this guy are endless and it’s starting to get really old. I don’t think there is anyway the Pirates should pick his option up for next season he has really given the Pirates no reason to do so as well. The best thing to do with Archer is admit this trade was a disaster cut your losses and move on from the guy period.

For those that bothered to take a look at Archers previous 2 years , this came to no surprise. I did my suffering last July. Too bad there were no betting people on the board as I stated Glasnow would be better in 2019 than Archer and asked for bets.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

This series with the Mets was just a complete and total embarrassment and I’ll keep saying if this was any other organization in baseball Hurdle, Huntington, and Coonelly would be looking for new jobs right now as we speak. But since we have an owner who barely likes paying guys to play baseball and manage for him there is no way he is gonna pay guys not to work for him.