Marte Rumors

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Marte Rumors

Post by WildwoodDave »

4B505D5C555956380 wrote: I wonder if the Bucs would consider Dominic Smith as one of the Mets players if a trade was completed.

Not sure if or where he would fit, Hopefully they trade him for pitching but I suspect most pieces would-be prospects.

---

My guess is Marte will be traded for some A ball prospects/suspects who will never see a major league uniform.
WildwoodDave

Marte Rumors

Post by WildwoodDave »

My guess is that Marte will be traded for some A ball prospects-Now you are sounding like the poster that we all know and love.

It is also my guess that GW read the rules and decided not to join.
SCBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

78455B565953587A5245545253370 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-zips-p ... ta-braves/

They should pursue Marte.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-27-pros ... ta-braves/

They have the goods without question. There is a big time matchup here in which they can offer a catching and a good pitching prospect. I don't see them including any of the law firm of Anderson, Wilson, and Wright. Would they go Contreras, Newcomb (he would go one or two in our rotation right off the bat) and someone like a Davidson?
SCBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

0919182F3939355A0 wrote: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2020-zips-p ... ta-braves/

They should pursue Marte.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/top-27-pros ... ta-braves/

They have the goods without question.  There is a big time matchup here in which they can offer a catching and a good pitching prospect.  I don't see them including any of the law firm of Anderson, Wilson, and Wright.  Would they go Contreras, Newcomb (he would go one or two in our rotation right off the bat) and someone like a Davidson?

Well, as I typed that, ATL signed Ozuna to a one-year 18mill contract. The Braves aren't an option anymore.
fjk090852-7

Marte Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is beginning to appear a deal for Marte to the Mets may not happen. One team which is looking for a right handed hitter is the Texas Rangers. From reading an article on their site they are thinking if they get a right handed hitter it will be through a trade. Not sure what they have to offer prospect wise to the Pirates if a deal were to happen.
SCBucco

Marte Rumors

Post by SCBucco »

070B0A5158515954534C56610 wrote: It is beginning to appear a deal for Marte to the Mets may not happen. One team which is looking for a right handed hitter is the Texas Rangers. From reading an article on their site they are thinking if they get a right handed hitter it will be through a trade. Not sure what they have to offer prospect wise to the Pirates if a deal were to happen.

I doubt they give up on Sam Huff as part of the package. He is the top C prospect and ranks among the top three in their organization. Hans Crouse, or Cole Winn, or the Palumbo kid and Nick Solak? Might need to get a third prospect.
steve49

Marte Rumors

Post by steve49 »

Marie trade to Arizona is picking up steam....

From MLB Trade Rumors

"The Diamondbacks were handsomely rewarded when last they dealt for a player named Marte. It seems they’re doubling down on that strategy. The Snakes are “closing in” on a deal to acquire outfielder Starling Marte from the Pirates, per John Gambadoro of Arizona Sports 98.7 (via Twitter). Precisely how close the teams are to nailing down a swap isn’t yet evident; neither is it clear what players would go to Pittsburgh in return."
fjk090852-7

Marte Rumors

Post by fjk090852-7 »

4252536472727E110 wrote: Mets fans are upset at the possibility of Nimmo coming in a deal for Marte.  I don't get it.  That dude wishes he could be half of Marte.  I hope Nimmo isn't the main piece.

We have the worst catchers on this planet and nothing in the system.  I prefer Alvarez to Sanchez for the main reason, one can hit a lot better than the other.  Everyone we have or have signed seem to be the defense first, no hit guy.  Peterson is the other piece.  Would love JD Davis, but that isn't happening.
I am glad the Bucs didn’t deal with the Mets for Nimmo. He has two bulging discs in his neck which will effect him during his entire baseball career.