Could The Bucs Bullpen Be Strong In 2020

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

425954555C505F310 wrote: Any relief pitcher who pitches well will be salary dumped at the trade deadline.
Most of them are making around minimum, so I am not sure "salary dumped" is the term you're looking for here.  Kela makes 3.75 but if we're bad and he has a lot of saves we should definitely trade him no matter what he made.

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

74464A4A5E6C4F464B4E4146270 wrote: Any relief pitcher who pitches well will be salary dumped at the trade deadline.
Most of them are making around minimum, so I am not sure "salary dumped" is the term you're looking for here.  Kela makes 3.75 but if we're bad and he has a lot of saves we should definitely trade him no matter what he made.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but other guys that we have under contract for only a year or two could be moved as well if they pitch well.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

43717D7D695B78717C797671100 wrote: Any relief pitcher who pitches well will be salary dumped at the trade deadline.

Uh, aren't the things in the highlighted statement mutually exclusive? Bad team & lots of saves just does not compute with me. :-? :-?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

717473757D776E737A696F621B0 wrote: Any relief pitcher who pitches well will be salary dumped at the trade deadline.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but other guys that we have under contract for only a year or two could be moved as well if they pitch well.
Archer 9 mil

Williams 2.825 mil

Musgrove 2.8 mil

Kela 3.725 mil

Feliz 1.1 mil

Kuhl $840,000

Brault, Burdi, Crick, Holmes, Keller, Neverauskas, Rodriguez,

Stratton each get $583,500.

MLB minimum is $563,500.

So other than Kela and Feliz there really isn't much to be gained from a salary dump of a reliever as most are essentially making the minimum.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Salary dump, no, but if a team is desperate and offers a good prospect or two, the talent influx might make it worth it.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1E3F371E353D5A0 wrote: Any relief pitcher who pitches well will be salary dumped at the trade deadline.

Uh, aren't the things in the highlighted statement mutually exclusive?  Bad team & lots of saves just does not compute with me.   :-? :-?

Well as much as I normally disagree with at policy of holding guys back for saves only, in this case I would because for whatever reason saves still build trade value.

I mean even super terrible teams win like 50-60 games.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

I have a suggestion for Nickles.

Why not just disband the team. Sell off all the assets, have the PBC declare bankruptcy to get out from all the debt it has and then if possible sell the franchise (which might mean moving to another city) for a Nickles ransom.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Forbes values the team at like 1 1/4 BN dollars. If he were really in it for the money and the money only he'd just sell as is.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

51636F6F7B496A636E6B6463020 wrote: Forbes values the team at like 1 1/4 BN dollars.  If he were really in it for the money and the money only he'd just sell as is. 

I think he wants to build a winning team and he wants to win a championship - because he wants the reputation in the community that doing so would bring. But what I don't think he understands is that you cannot run a baseball team the way you run a newspaper.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah I agree. I don't want people to think what i said is and endorsement of what he's doing.