Refund our money now!!!

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Refund our money now!!!

Post by WildwoodDave »

5F797E6B626E796F670C0 wrote: With all the various plans that have been introduced, and now others that are emerging (Boras saying, "Follow the Korean model"), not one, zero, zilch, nada includes fans being in attendance.

So why are they continuing to hold our money? I was more than patient from when I was first contacted about this.

It's plainly obvious the sports leagues, as well as promoters like Live Nation, ticketing agencies like Ticket Master, Stub Hub, Seat Geek, etc. have no intention of refunding money any time soon.

With multiple governors laying our their reopening criteria, most of them include restrictions on the size of gatherings. Even the latest NHL model has them in a few neutral sites to finish the season, again with no fans. And that model goes into July.

It's very frustrating, to say the least. Where a month ago there was discussion on various options that may occur, it's now crickets. With MLB teams set to furlough many employees in May, this doesn't seem to have an outcome that is favorable to me any time soon.

I feel for ya, Surge.  Seems to me that if a business treats its customers well, the owner will be repaid over and over.  Personally, my wife and I will continue to patronize businesses that treat us well.  Many others feel the same way.  Good luck.

Just for the record, this isn't a Bob thing. This is MLB, along with the other entities. Someone mentioned about filing a credit card dispute. Waste of time. It's clearly stated that games have to be cancelled. That's the issue. MLB continues (again, as do all the other entities listed) to list all the games as postponements. There are class action suits starting in some places. I'm not hiring a lawyer when I know eventually I'll get my money back. The problem I have is it should be now, because there is no plan in place right now that involves fans at the games. They can call the games do overs for all I care, they aren't going to have me at them, so there's no reason not to refund now.

But, we all know the reason. They are scrambling around trying to figure how to come up with all that cash. I would be shocked if teams don't try and sweeten a "take a credit" kind of deal. Like, "take a credit for 2021, and we'll throw in 4 Hyundai Club seats for a Thursday day game in May".

There is no way I renew for 2021.
By 2021 they might be giving Season Tickets away
DemDog

Refund our money now!!!

Post by DemDog »

Hope in Penniesville for Refunds
Lecom

Refund our money now!!!

Post by Lecom »

Surgnbuck

Refund our money now!!!

Post by Surgnbuck »

Things getting ugly in Pirate land:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pirates-su ... 10171.html
WildwoodDave

Refund our money now!!!

Post by WildwoodDave »

123433262F2334222A410 wrote: Things getting ugly in Pirate land:

But Surge, are you surprised?
GreenWeenie

Refund our money now!!!

Post by GreenWeenie »

0B3530382B333338183D2A395C0 wrote: Things getting ugly in Pirate land:

But Surge, are you surprised?

Getting ugly?

BEEN ugly.
DemDog

Refund our money now!!!

Post by DemDog »

You guys finally get your wish about refunds, sort of!

Pirates Offer Refund Options

Surgnbuck

Refund our money now!!!

Post by Surgnbuck »

So a glimmer of good news. It's a start. Requesting my refund for April and May, I am not going to take credits.

As I told my rep in my refund request e-mail, every scenario MLB has laid out so far involves no fans. Many states won't even allow stadium events till after July, which I believe PA is one of them. So why are we playing this silly game of only April and May?

Good luck to the out of towners on their hotels and flights and such. Thanking my good fortune that I only have tickets and parking to complain about.
Surgnbuck

Refund our money now!!!

Post by Surgnbuck »

04252D042F27400 wrote: You guys finally get your wish about refunds, sort of!

Pirates Offer Refund Options

As I stated in my post, it's complete BS because no way there are games with fans till August at the earliest.

As a very learned man on this board likes to say, "just kicking the can down the road"

GreenWeenie

Refund our money now!!!

Post by GreenWeenie »

He has another saying that's appropriate for these and all times. It goes like this: "BOB gets his." ;D