Possible Lineup In A Couple Years

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

1F323F2E29382F6F6C5D0 wrote: Keep an eye out for Jack Herman plays OF and has some pop.

I see that he last played for the Greensboro Grasshoppers. Is that Rookie League?
It's in the South Atlantic League (A).

Is he an invitee to Spring Training?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A1D2F0 wrote: Keep an eye out for Jack Herman plays OF and has some pop.

I see that he last played for the Greensboro Grasshoppers. Is that Rookie League?
It's in the South Atlantic League (A).

Is he an invitee to Spring Training?
The Pirates have not actually announced a group of players invited to ST. I think three or four have received an invitation, but normally a team announces a group at one time. I am going to assume prior to ST an announcement will be made.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

537E73626574632320110 wrote: Ben Cherington indicated in one of his past zoom conferences that not all prospects succeed in MLB. I am probably more optimistic than most, but I could see the following lineup in a couple seasons.

Martin 1b

Gonzales 2b

Peguero SS

Hays 3B

Reynolds LF

Swaggerty / Head CF

Cruz Rf

C. Smith DH

E. Rodriguez C

Pitchers

Priester

Yen

Malone

Rocker ??

There are some other pieces which need to be added, but this group of players could become a very nice foundation to build from.
Of that group, which ones do you think could become standouts and which ones just serviceable major leaguers?

As gas as standouts going foreword; I think Cruz and Gonzales have the most upside tools. I would have to see more of the pitchers before making a guess