Re: Pirates Sign T. Frazier

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1826232B3820202B0B2E392A7D4F0 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

I'm predicting a long flirt with the Mendoza line, then a small power streak in late June.

If he plays a fullish season?

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

and a K on greater then 30% of ABs
I don't think they expect much production from him. He'll probably platoon at 1B with Moran, which means Frazier would mostly face LHPs. In the past 2 seasons he has hit about .290 vs LHPs but in the 2 seasons prior to that he hit poorly against them. I think his main purpose is to bring a veteran presence to the team as someone who has had success and has played on good teams. Maybe he can help steer other, younger players to make more progress and whatever he can provide on the field in a part time capacity will be a bonus.
if he hits 11HR's, he could lead the team

Not a chance that is going to happen WWD.  Polanco is going to come back with a vengeance by hitting .295 slugging 36 HR and driving in 102 runs.  He will finally live up to his billing as a star player.  Then BC will be able to trade him for a bag of donuts and the donut holes.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Have you ever given serious consideration in a career in fiction writing?

Of course you knew that Possum wrote that for your benefit :D

Did he think I needed a good laugh?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

174157434C56464D4057654248444C490B46250 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

I'm predicting a long flirt with the Mendoza line, then a small power streak in late June.

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

I don't think they expect much production from him. He'll probably platoon at 1B with Moran, which means Frazier would mostly face LHPs. In the past 2 seasons he has hit about .290 vs LHPs but in the 2 seasons prior to that he hit poorly against them. I think his main purpose is to bring a veteran presence to the team as someone who has had success and has played on good teams. Maybe he can help steer other, younger players to make more progress and whatever he can provide on the field in a part time capacity will be a bonus.

Not a chance that is going to happen WWD.  Polanco is going to come back with a vengeance by hitting .295 slugging 36 HR and driving in 102 runs.  He will finally live up to his billing as a star player.  Then BC will be able to trade him for a bag of donuts and the donut holes.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey, Doc remember it is not nice to belittle the Admins! ;) ;) ;) ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

05242C052E26410 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Hey, Doc remember it is not nice to belittle the Admins!  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Never! I burn incense in honor of you guys every night.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2C7A6C78776D7D767B6C5E79737F7772307D1E0 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Never!  I burn incense in honor of you guys every night.
I believe I saw you burning Buffalo Chips
2drfischer@gmail.c

7E40454D5E46464D6D485F4C1B290 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Never!  I burn incense in honor of you guys every night.
I believe I saw you burning Buffalo Chips

Your point?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

164056424D57474C4156644349454D480A47240 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

[highlight]Never!  I burn incense in honor of you guys every night.[/highlight]

Now that is better Doc. :D :D :D
2drfischer@gmail.c

07262E072C24430 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

[highlight]Never!  I burn incense in honor of you guys every night.[/highlight]

Now that is better Doc.   :D :D :D

I'm here to serve.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I think Frazier is a good addition to this young roster as well and I think if he gets some solid playing time he will put up some decent numbers and help the Pirates win a few more games for whatever that might be worth.
BellevueBuc

Post by BellevueBuc »

7D56574A5149507C4B5D5D513E0 wrote: Welcome to your last paycheck, ToddFather!

.211 batting avg

.299 OP

11 Hrs

I will disagree with the K%, the rest seem likely in a 300ish AB season in a David Freese like role. Would not surprise me if he out performs Moran though.