Oneil Cruz involved in accident in the DR

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

61797B7C7C6B7A7D606177120 wrote: I want to hear the details, don't know anything about what happened.  Let's wait for trial.

That's a good point, but at the same time it seems highly unlikely they're charging him with drunk driving if they don't have the evidence.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I think we've learned, this of all years, the good that 'waiting and seeing' does. Might come out ahead one out of three times if you're lucky. ;)
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

1E2B3C3C370E3C3C37303C590 wrote: I think we've learned, this of all years, the good that 'waiting and seeing' does.  Might come out ahead one out of three times if you're lucky.  ;)
What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

That went away when the internet was made widely available to the general public.

Before that, it went away when people were found not guilty because of nitpick technicalities. Not guilty doesn't always mean innocence.

You dont need to 'wait' to understand that some people have been damaged by whatever happened here. That's true regardless of legal outcomes.

People have lost lives. A person's life and career are on hold. And, the resulting ripple effects.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

If he is found not guilty now is the time for the Bucs to really step up for this young man. He is young, richer than most of his peers in the DR, and has shown he can't yet make mature decisions about life. The Bucs need to give the emotional and psychological help he needs. Cruz has to admit that he made a mistake and learn from it. Stay off the booze and if he does not don't be afraid to get himself a designated driver. Clint Hurdle was an alcoholic and it ruined his career as a can't miss superstar. But Clint got things fixed and admitted he needed help, got that help and has made a darn nice life for himself in baseball and otherwise.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

All I've read so far is that he came up behind a motorcycle carrying 3 people and hit it. The motorcycle (hard to imagine 3 on it) did not have lights on. Cruz had drank alcohol but no report on blood level.

We don't yet know if Cruz was legally drunk or if alcohol was even a contributing factor. We don't know why he wouldn't have seen the motorcycle even if it didn't have lights as long as he had lights. Was he not paying attention? Had it just pulled out in front of him on a dark road? We don't know the details.

As soon as they mention alcohol it conjures up an image of a crazed drunken fool driving recklessly. And maybe that's exactly what happened. Or maybe it wasn't. We don't have enough info at this point to know.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

We know that he hit a motorcycle and people died as a result.

That is enough for me to know to feel badly for all involved and affected.

The rest is up to others to sort through.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

597F786D64687F69610A0 wrote: Well, someone has to say something along the lines of, "let's wait and find out all the information first."

I'll volunteer to be that guy.

I hate quoting myself, but it appears there was no alcohol test done on Cruz.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Next, comes "They didn't look at his cell phone records, either."
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

113730252C20372129420 wrote: Well, someone has to say something along the lines of, "let's wait and find out all the information first."

I'll volunteer to be that guy.

I hate quoting myself, but it appears there was no alcohol test done on Cruz.

I hope he's innocent. I also hope he doesn't get off on a technicality.