Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by JollyRoger »

Maybe we could trade Keller to the Rays and get Baz back
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

21393B3C3C2B3A3D202137520 wrote: Keller looks awful.
Keller is not nor never will be a number 1 pitcher.  Don't know who thought he was going to be the Pirate saviour but whoever did they should be fired.

He was fired. Let me introduce you to Neal Huntington.
INbuc

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by INbuc »

Don’t worry about a blustery day in Florida. And don’t forget Miller pitched 11 straight hitless innings to close out the 2020 season. However, you might want to forget he walked a man per inning over that stretch!

Miller is a bit of an enigma, and I bet he will have some great games — and some stinkers like today. But this is the ideal year to see if he can develop and put it all together.
Bobster21

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by Bobster21 »

7B7C504751320 wrote: Don’t worry about a blustery day in Florida.  And don’t  forget Miller pitched 11 straight hitless innings to close out the 2020 season.  However, you might want to forget he walked a man per inning over that stretch!

Miller is a bit of an enigma, and I bet he will have some great games — and some stinkers like today.  But this is the ideal year to see if he can develop and put it all together.   
You mean Keller? The hitless innings was nice but probably aided by the fact that a lot of batters weren't seeing strikes to hit.
WildwoodDave2

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

230E03121504135350610 wrote: Don’t worry about a blustery day in Florida.  And don’t  forget Miller pitched 11 straight hitless innings to close out the 2020 season.  However, you might want to forget he walked a man per inning over that stretch!

Miller is a bit of an enigma, and I bet he will have some great games — and some stinkers like today.  But this is the ideal year to see if he can develop and put it all together.   
You mean Keller? The hitless innings was nice but probably aided by the fact that a lot of batters weren't seeing strikes to hit.
How did Polanco make out?
INbuc

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by INbuc »

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: Don’t worry about a blustery day in Florida.  And don’t  forget Miller pitched 11 straight hitless innings to close out the 2020 season.  However, you might want to forget he walked a man per inning over that stretch!

Yes I meant Keller. See like Miller/Keller I am not in mid-season form either.
Bobster21

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by Bobster21 »

1E19352234570 wrote: Don’t worry about a blustery day in Florida.  And don’t  forget Miller pitched 11 straight hitless innings to close out the 2020 season.  However, you might want to forget he walked a man per inning over that stretch!

Yes I meant Keller.   See like Miller/Keller I am not in mid-season form either.

That's why we have preseason posts. ;D
ScottinMass

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by ScottinMass »

311710050C00170109620 wrote: Meanwhile, we also get to watch Glasnow make more than a few of our hitters look silly.

Guess you didn't happen to notice the Pirates hung 4 runs on him in 4 innings.

Yeah, he dominated.

I certainly didn't say he dominated, I said he made more than a few of our hitters look silly, and he did. 7 K's in 4 innings and some of the swings and misses by the Bucs were awful.
Surgnbuck

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by Surgnbuck »

5E6E6279796463406C7E7E0D0 wrote: Meanwhile, we also get to watch Glasnow make more than a few of our hitters look silly.

Guess you didn't happen to notice the Pirates hung 4 runs on him in 4 innings.

Yeah, he dominated.

I certainly didn't say he dominated, I said he made more than a few of our hitters look silly, and he did. 7 K's in 4 innings and some of the swings and misses by the Bucs were awful.
Ah, but you certainly were making that your point following all the Keller bashing, so don't try and balance out the comment now. You certainly didn't go out of your way to mention that some of the Bucs bats made Glasnow look pretty freaking pedestrian either.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs vs. Rays 3-17

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5F61646C7F67676C4C697E6D3A080 wrote: Don’t worry about a blustery day in Florida.  And don’t  forget Miller pitched 11 straight hitless innings to close out the 2020 season.  However, you might want to forget he walked a man per inning over that stretch!

How did Polanco make out?

He had a double in three at bats. Just keeping hoping that he plays like a young Willie Mays until July 31.