SOG/GOG

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CTBucco

SOG/GOG

Post by CTBucco »

104650444B51414A475062454F434B4E0C41220 wrote: If it's allowed, my vote goes to the bullpen.  That was an example of what they'll have to do collectively this year.  They got it done in a dominating fashion, too.  Hope they can hold up for 161 more.

If we continue to have 3 inning starts (I know Kuhl wasn't built up), we'll need to get over 800 innings out of the pen or 90ish innings per BP pitcher (assuming they stay at 9 BP arms).

I would also give the bullpen the award for this game. Hockey style - BP 1st star, Frazier 2nd, Hayes 3rd.
2drfischer@gmail.c

SOG/GOG

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0D1A0C3B2D2D214E0 wrote: If it's allowed, my vote goes to the bullpen.  That was an example of what they'll have to do collectively this year.  They got it done in a dominating fashion, too.  Hope they can hold up for 161 more.

If we continue to have 3 inning starts (I know Kuhl wasn't built up), we'll need to get over 800 innings out of the pen or 90ish innings per BP pitcher (assuming they stay at 9 BP arms).

I would also give the bullpen the award for this game.  Hockey style - BP 1st star, Frazier 2nd, Hayes 3rd.

Agreed. The bullpen is going to be overworked like no other year. It'll be interesting to see how many guys throw innings out of the 'pen this season. Hope the relievers in Indy are ready and able, and maybe a handful of the ones in Altoona, too.
MaineBucs

SOG/GOG

Post by MaineBucs »

I know that I am chiming in a bit late, but I too go with the pen, particularly because they were so dominant, and because of the pitchers that made it happen.

Underwood - Take that for releasing me Cubbies.

Holmes - Wasn't supposed to be on the team.

Bednar - Great beginning for a throw-in.

Howard - Looks like he stepped right out of the Civil War.

Stratton - Rejected by the Angels.

Rodriguez - One of NH's best acquisitions after being tossed away by the pitching poor Orioles.

Holmes is the only one who came up through Pirate system. I am rooting for him. He may turn out making some GM look silly for not picking him up when BC cut him loose (as well as making BC look bad for making that decision). The Cubs just lost to a group of 7 pitchers who collectively earn about $8 mil.

As far as goats, I too go with Cora. Cora has one responsibility; assessing what is going on in the field and ensuring that players know what they need to do. That said, Fowler should have understood that he should be tagging up; a bonehead play on his part.
WildwoodDave2

SOG/GOG

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

18343C3B3017203626550 wrote: I know that I am chiming in a bit late, but I too go with the pen, particularly because they were so dominant, and because of the pitchers that made it happen.

Underwood - Take that for releasing me Cubbies.

Holmes - Wasn't supposed to be on the team.

Bednar - Great beginning for a throw-in.

Howard - Looks like he stepped right out of the Civil War.

Stratton - Rejected by the Angels.

Rodriguez - One of NH's best acquisitions after being tossed away by the pitching poor Orioles.

Holmes is the only one who came up through Pirate system.  I am rooting for him.  He may turn out making some GM look silly for not picking him up when BC cut him loose (as well as making BC look bad for making that decision).  The Cubs just lost to a group of 7 pitchers who collectively earn about $8 mil.

As far as goats, I too go with Cora.  Cora has one responsibility; assessing what is going on in the field and ensuring that players know what they need to do.  That said, Fowler should have understood that he should be tagging up; a bonehead play on his part.
Especially when the player is standing right in front of him.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Tyler Andersen. Get your votes in before th start of the next game.

The current count is:

Andersen - 1

The standings are:

SOG

bull pen -1

GOG
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

Anderson for GOG
Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

GOG: Crowe. 2 walks, 2 wild pitches, 1 hit, 1 run and 28 pitches while getting only 2 outs. Feliz had to come in and get the 3rd out with 2 more runners on base. If they had scored, Crowe's like would have looked even worse.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Tyler Andersen. Get your votes in before th start of the next game.

The current count is:

Andersen - 2

Crowe - 1

The standings are:

SOG

bull pen -1

GOG
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

Polanco for GOG. When are they moving on from him?
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

My vote for GOG goes to Mitch Keller. Get your votes in before th start of the next game.

The current count is:

Keller- 1

The standings are:

SOG

bull pen -1

GOG

Andersen - 1