Official Game Thread - 5/26 - Bucs vs Cubs

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Williams heads up baserunning....line drive single to Polanco, and Williams still makes it to third

Polanco has to go
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

183E392C25293E28204B0 wrote: Williams heads up baserunning....line drive single to Polanco, and Williams still makes it to third

Polanco has to go
Williams knows Polanco can't throw. He even hesitated rounding 2B and looked back at Polanco before heading to 3B. Having Polanco in the lineup is like playing with 8 players. He adds NOTHING.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Okay, tie it up Bucs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

leadoff double.....please, let's at least get him around and get on the board
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Gonzalez brings him home with a solid single! 4-1!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Frazier kills that inning
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

that promising inning went to heck....how was Frazier even doubled up?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7F525F4E49584F0F0C3D0 wrote: Polanco misses a pitch in the dirt and then fouls one 2 feet outside before finally missing one in the strike zone. He should bat 9th. The pitcher has a better chance of getting a hit.

He just keeps falling further and further into the abyss. Whatever happened to his new, improved swing we were told about during Spring Training?

It's past time to just release him and move on. No one can convince me it would be better to keep him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2A7C6A7E716B7B707D6A587F75797174367B180 wrote: Polanco misses a pitch in the dirt and then fouls one 2 feet outside before finally missing one in the strike zone. He should bat 9th. The pitcher has a better chance of getting a hit.

He just keeps falling further and further into the abyss.  Whatever happened to his new, improved swing we were told about during Spring Training?

It's past time to just release him and move on.  No one can convince me it would be better to keep him.

It's embarrassing. the opposing pitcher has 2 hits and Polanco has to Ks. And the pitcher takes an extra base on Polanco knowing he can't throw the ball to 3B. Whatever happened to the idea that a RFer needs a strong arm to prevent runners from going to 1st to 3rd? I don't think Polanco could even toss a bag of peanuts to the other end of the row when he gets his next job as vendor.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

153835242332256566570 wrote: Polanco misses a pitch in the dirt and then fouls one 2 feet outside before finally missing one in the strike zone. He should bat 9th. The pitcher has a better chance of getting a hit.

He just keeps falling further and further into the abyss.  Whatever happened to his new, improved swing we were told about during Spring Training?

It's past time to just release him and move on.  No one can convince me it would be better to keep him.

It's embarrassing. the opposing pitcher has 2 hits and Polanco has to Ks. And the pitcher takes an extra base on Polanco knowing he can't throw the ball to 3B. Whatever happened to the idea that a RFer needs a strong arm to prevent runners from going to 1st to 3rd? I don't think Polanco could even toss a bag of peanuts to the other end of the row when he gets his next job as vendor.

Polanco makes Steve Kemp look like a good defender. (another past failure of this team)

I decided to look up the teams stats, 1985 team scored 3.5 runs a game and had a record of 57-104.

It scored 568 runs and hit 80 homers. It gave up 708 and just 107 homers.  this season looks like a repeat except the Bucs will surrender a lot more than 107 homers.

going into tonight the team had given up 62 homers and 240 runs.