All Star Game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

All Star Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

Every team Has. It's just that some Have Even More. ;)

And, one Has....a Cheapskate Owner. :(((
DemDog

All Star Game

Post by DemDog »

Since they went to the fan voting for starters I have given up on the ASG. I couldn't give a rat's arse about it even happening. The only thing about is being the answer to a trivia question. What two days of the year are there Major Professional sports games played? The day before and after the MLB ASG.
WiffleballHero

All Star Game

Post by WiffleballHero »

There's no reason to continue having the National League play the American League anyway. Every MLB exec with dollar signs in his eyes over the past 50 years always thinks of marketing players first, not team or league. I can see Manfred having two superstar captains pick their own teams, a la gym class kickball, no matter what team or league they play on or in. So 84,500 more ancient traditionalists lose interest in and tune out a gimmicky exhibition. It will gain 4,675 more very online influencers in the 18-34 demo who are absolute stans of the idea.
Ecbucs

All Star Game

Post by Ecbucs »

556B64646E6760636E6E4A67706D020 wrote: There's no reason to continue having the National League play the American League anyway.  Every MLB exec with dollar signs in his eyes over the past 50 years always thinks of marketing players first, not team or league.  I can see Manfred having two superstar captains pick their own teams, a la gym class kickball, no matter what team or league they play on or in.  So 84,500 more ancient traditionalists lose interest in and tune out a gimmicky exhibition.  It will gain 4,675 more very online influencers in the 18-34 demo who are absolute stans of the idea.

I'm still torqued about the switch to Division Play. Everything after that has just made it worse.
GreenWeenie

All Star Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

GOMLers!

Walt Kowalskis :))))

You guys haven't been the same since they lowered the pitching mound and went to electronic scoreboards.

{Teasing}

I hope you like Mike Schmidt, at least. ;)

WildwoodDave2

All Star Game

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

517078517A72150 wrote: Since they went to the fan voting for starters I have given up on the ASG.  I couldn't give a rat's arse about it even happening.  The only thing about is being the answer to a trivia question.  What two days of the year are there Major Professional sports games played?  The day before and after the MLB ASG.
Possum, I feel the same way.
GreenWeenie

All Star Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

What a load of you know what.

You're STILL crowing about PEDRO ALVAREZ making the All Star Game.

And, Mike Schmidt making it a bunch of times. ;)
GreenWeenie

All Star Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

I know that the ASG winner doesn't determine HFA for the WS anymore. Did they go back to trotting between the leagues? Team with the better record? Anyone (Bob) know?

Not that it matters to us or anything. Just curious.
Surgnbuck

All Star Game

Post by Surgnbuck »

467364646F5664646F6864010 wrote: I know that the ASG winner doesn't determine HFA for the WS anymore.  Did they go back to trotting between the leagues?  Team with the better record?  Anyone (Bob) know?

Not that it matters to us or anything.  Just curious.
Pirates to MLB: "how is home field for the world series determined again?"

MLB to the Pirates:"Sorry only adults allowed at this table"
GreenWeenie

All Star Game

Post by GreenWeenie »

"We've been kicked out of better places than this."