Official Game Thread 7/6/2021 Braves vs. Pirates

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0E584E5A554F5F54594E7C5B515D5550125F3C0 wrote: Just got back from PNC Park.  While Kuhl pitched a terrific game, if I were a Pirates everyday starting player, I'd call in sick on the days he was scheduled to pitch.  He's absolutely insufferable.  He takes forever to throw a pitch.  The players behind him need to grab him by the neck and tell him he needs to work faster.  There were times when I thought both Frazier and Nogowski were going to fall asleep on their feet waiting for him.

And it's time for home plate umpires to start charging hitters with strikes when they take too long to get to the plate.  At one point, to start an inning, I saw the umpire signal to Perez to start walking to the plate because the pitcher had one more warm-up pitch to make.  Perez ignored him and never moved from the on deck circle.  He waited there until his walk-up music started and then slowly made his way to the batters box, milking it for all it was worth.  Once arriving he stood outside it, readjusted his batting gloves, tapped his spikes, looked around, and then finally decided it was time to permit the game to begin again.  These guys have taken all the fun out of going to games.
Glad you got to see them win a game. I know what you mean about the game taking so long. Thought MLB was trying to do something about it but the umps have to take charge
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

744A4F47544C4C476742554611230 wrote: Just got back from PNC Park.  While Kuhl pitched a terrific game, if I were a Pirates everyday starting player, I'd call in sick on the days he was scheduled to pitch.  He's absolutely insufferable.  He takes forever to throw a pitch.  The players behind him need to grab him by the neck and tell him he needs to work faster.  There were times when I thought both Frazier and Nogowski were going to fall asleep on their feet waiting for him.

And it's time for home plate umpires to start charging hitters with strikes when they take too long to get to the plate.  At one point, to start an inning, I saw the umpire signal to Perez to start walking to the plate because the pitcher had one more warm-up pitch to make.  Perez ignored him and never moved from the on deck circle.  He waited there until his walk-up music started and then slowly made his way to the batters box, milking it for all it was worth.  Once arriving he stood outside it, readjusted his batting gloves, tapped his spikes, looked around, and then finally decided it was time to permit the game to begin again.  These guys have taken all the fun out of going to games.
Glad you got to see them win a game. I know what you mean about the game taking so long. Thought MLB was trying to do something about it but the umps have to take charge
BTW- did you bring your dog?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

67595C54475F5F547451465502300 wrote: Just got back from PNC Park.  While Kuhl pitched a terrific game, if I were a Pirates everyday starting player, I'd call in sick on the days he was scheduled to pitch.  He's absolutely insufferable.  He takes forever to throw a pitch.  The players behind him need to grab him by the neck and tell him he needs to work faster.  There were times when I thought both Frazier and Nogowski were going to fall asleep on their feet waiting for him.

No, he had a date.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

:D :D :D3264726669736368657240676D61696C2E63000 wrote: Just got back from PNC Park.  While Kuhl pitched a terrific game, if I were a Pirates everyday starting player, I'd call in sick on the days he was scheduled to pitch.  He's absolutely insufferable.  He takes forever to throw a pitch.  The players behind him need to grab him by the neck and tell him he needs to work faster.  There were times when I thought both Frazier and Nogowski were going to fall asleep on their feet waiting for him.

No, he had a date.