So, who is going to go

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

So, who is going to go

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

103536362308353D3F285A0 wrote: My guess is that Frazier will be traded to some team who is willing to take on Polanco's contract in exchange for a couple of A Ball suspects.  Then some will rave about the "treasure trove" of prospects that Cherington obtained.

If another team would be willing to take Polanco’s contract off his hands, Nutting would trade his wife and daughters along with him.  He probably sees them as too expensive anyway.
His wife maybe but not his daughters. Remember that he is leaving the team to his daughters when he dies to keep us in misery or shall I say miserly

I do remember that, and I cringe each time I think about it. If it comes to pass, there won’t be a World Series with the Pirates for another 60+ years. And then we have to assume the franchise will then be turned over to Nutting’s grandkids. The whole 21st Century will go by with nary a Pirates appearance.
bucs607179

So, who is going to go

Post by bucs607179 »

7F646968616D620C0 wrote: My guess is that Frazier will be traded to some team who is willing to take on Polanco's contract in exchange for a couple of A Ball suspects.  Then some will rave about the "treasure trove" of prospects that Cherington obtained.

May not happen but it sure sounds like the Pirate way.
bucs607179

So, who is going to go

Post by bucs607179 »

0254425659435358554270575D51595C1E53300 wrote: My guess is that Frazier will be traded to some team who is willing to take on Polanco's contract in exchange for a couple of A Ball suspects.  Then some will rave about the "treasure trove" of prospects that Cherington obtained.

If another team would be willing to take Polanco’s contract off his hands, Nutting would trade his wife and daughters along with him.  He probably sees them as too expensive anyway.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WildwoodDave2

So, who is going to go

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2E786E7A756F7F74796E5C7B717D7570327F1C0 wrote: I think it will be:

Tucker

Anderson

Rich Rod

Difo

I don't think anyone will offer enough for Frazier, and he'll get traded in the offseason.

I predict that Polanco will end up on the 60 day IL and stay on it the rest of the season, and get his 3 million dollar buyout.
I agree on Polanco
Also on the opening thread I typed WRITE instead of RIGHT. Thank goodness my former students don't see this :D

Dear Mr. Wildwood Dave:

We're embarrassed for you.  You call yourself a teacher.  We should forget everything you taught us.

Signed,

SLAD (Students Laughing At Dave)
Now, that's funny! :D However, I am sure they have forgotten everythingI taught them
WildwoodDave2

So, who is going to go

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

0B3530382B333338183D2A396E5C0 wrote: I think it will be:

Tucker

Anderson

Rich Rod

Difo

I don't think anyone will offer enough for Frazier, and he'll get traded in the offseason.

I predict that Polanco will end up on the 60 day IL and stay on it the rest of the season, and get his 3 million dollar buyout.
I agree on Polanco
Also on the opening thread I typed WRITE instead of RIGHT. Thank goodness my former students don't see this :D

Dear Mr. Wildwood Dave:

We're embarrassed for you.  You call yourself a teacher.  We should forget everything you taught us.

Signed,

Now, that's funny! :D However, I am sure they have forgotten everythingI taught them
For some reason, they never did care much about the Ming Dynasty or the Byzantine Empire ::)
Bobster21

So, who is going to go

Post by Bobster21 »

0D33363E2D35353E1E3B2C3F685A0 wrote: I think it will be:

Tucker

Anderson

Rich Rod

Difo

I agree on Polanco

Dear Mr. Wildwood Dave:

Signed,

For some reason, they never did care much about the Ming Dynasty or the Byzantine Empire ::)
Didn't Flash Gordon end the Ming Dynasty?
WildwoodDave2

So, who is going to go

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: I think it will be:

Tucker

Anderson

Rich Rod

Difo

I agree on Polanco

Dear Mr. Wildwood Dave:

Signed,

Didn't Flash Gordon end the Ming Dynasty?
:D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

So, who is going to go

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

06383D35263E3E351530273463510 wrote: I think it will be:

Tucker

Anderson

Rich Rod

Difo

I agree on Polanco

Dear Mr. Wildwood Dave:

Signed,

Neither did the Ming nor Byzantine kids.
UtahPirate

So, who is going to go

Post by UtahPirate »

4D6B6A7D6B7B080 wrote: I wonder whether the team may want to resign Anderson for next year?

This team doesn't have loads of starting pitching and at this stage I don't know that Brault and Keller can be penciled in for next season.

Maybe Kranik has shown enough.  But if Anderson is willing to sign a cheap deal for next year the Bucs should sign him.

I was thinking the same thing. He might be more valuable to us than anything he can bring in as a prospect - unless he is packaged with someone else. He is cheap, hangs in there most of the time, eats innings and is a LHP starting pitcher which there is a huge shortage of in our organization.
Surgnbuck

So, who is going to go

Post by Surgnbuck »

Red Sox just extended Matt Barnes for 2 more years and an option year.

He's on a 4.5 million deal avoiding arbitration this year.

He's going to get 7.25 and 7.5 for 22/23. His option for 2024 is 8 with a 2.25 buyout. He also received a 1.75 signing bonus. there's also 2 million in kickers.

I post this as someone to possibly compare Rich Rod to. Barnes would have been a FA after this season. Rich Rod has 2 years of arbitration left.

I'm guessing the Pirates could sign Rodriguez through his first FA year with an option for similar total money for twice as many years.