Bucs vs Tigers - Bring Out the ?️ Game Thread - 9/8

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

What folks say hasn't mattered in a long time.

It's what we do that does.

Safely said, I'd find it hard to find someone who thinks that the Pirates are "doing it." They talk about doing it. Someday. Maybe.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

527F72636475622221100 wrote: It becomes comical listening to Greg Brown trying to talk up the Pirates. Tucker comes to bat hitting .173 and Brown tells us he's one of the best hitters in the NL when swinging at the first pitch for batters who have swung at the first pitch 10 or more times. Tucker swung at the first pitch 11 times. Brown had to stoop to a miniscule sample size on an irrelevant stat to praise a .173 hitter.

A week or so ago Brown praised Reynolds for routinely running into right center to field a single and throwing it into 2B. A few days ago he couldn't stop talking about how Hayes braced himself for a bad hop and threw the batter out. Hayes is an outstanding fielder but that was a play you hope any competent 3Bman makes.

It's like "the announcer who cried 'great.'" When he says that when it's not warranted it hard to believe him when it really was a great play.

Brown is paid by the PBC to talk up the Bucs. Unfortunately, he takes that task to damn seriously. He needs to learn out to call a spade a spade just move on. I think he is trying to break Lanny's record of #of years of being the #1 play-by-play guy. And all the crazy saying he has like trip-trip-triple are getting really old. He needs a dose of Mike Lange and come up with a ton more saying and even some Bob Prince's booze.

I have grown more accustomed to Block doing less of his goofy stuff and keeping his mouth shut and letting guys like Matt Capps provide the color.

I think Capps is a really good color man and I still have some appreciation for Walk and Wehner. The guy I am looking forward to being a color guy is Neil Walker, the guy is a natural.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

507179507B73140 wrote: It becomes comical listening to Greg Brown trying to talk up the Pirates. Tucker comes to bat hitting .173 and Brown tells us he's one of the best hitters in the NL when swinging at the first pitch for batters who have swung at the first pitch 10 or more times. Tucker swung at the first pitch 11 times. Brown had to stoop to a miniscule sample size on an irrelevant stat to praise a .173 hitter.

A week or so ago Brown praised Reynolds for routinely running into right center to field a single and throwing it into 2B. A few days ago he couldn't stop talking about how Hayes braced himself for a bad hop and threw the batter out. Hayes is an outstanding fielder but that was a play you hope any competent 3Bman makes.

It's like "the announcer who cried 'great.'" When he says that when it's not warranted it hard to believe him when it really was a great play.

Brown is paid by the PBC to talk up the Bucs.  Unfortunately, he takes that task to damn seriously.  He needs to learn out to call a spade a spade just move on.  I think he is trying to break Lanny's record of #of years of being the #1 play-by-play guy.  And all the crazy saying he has like trip-trip-triple are getting really old.  He needs a dose of Mike Lange and come up with a ton more saying and even some Bob Prince's booze. 

I have grown more accustomed to Block doing less of his goofy stuff and keeping his mouth shut and letting guys like Matt Capps provide the color. 

I think Capps is a really good color man and I still have some appreciation for Walk and Wehner.  The guy I am looking forward to being a color guy is Neil Walker, the guy is a natural. 
Yes. A while back Green Weenie mentioned that Block didn't seem so bad so I stopped avoided him and found he has improved while Brown has gotten a lot worse. Maybe Block was made aware of the criticism that he never stopped talking. He's more focused on the game now. But Brown has deteriorated into constant attempts at comedy and chitchat.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

012C21303726317172430 wrote: It becomes comical listening to Greg Brown trying to talk up the Pirates. Tucker comes to bat hitting .173 and Brown tells us he's one of the best hitters in the NL when swinging at the first pitch for batters who have swung at the first pitch 10 or more times. Tucker swung at the first pitch 11 times. Brown had to stoop to a miniscule sample size on an irrelevant stat to praise a .173 hitter.

Brown is paid by the PBC to talk up the Bucs.  Unfortunately, he takes that task to damn seriously.  He needs to learn out to call a spade a spade just move on.  I think he is trying to break Lanny's record of #of years of being the #1 play-by-play guy.  And all the crazy saying he has like trip-trip-triple are getting really old.  He needs a dose of Mike Lange and come up with a ton more saying and even some Bob Prince's booze. 

I think Capps is a really good color man and I still have some appreciation for Walk and Wehner.  The guy I am looking forward to being a color guy is Neil Walker, the guy is a natural. 
Yes. A while back Green Weenie mentioned that Block didn't seem so bad so I stopped avoided him and found he has improved while Brown has gotten a lot worse. Maybe Block was made aware of the criticism that he never stopped talking. He's more focused on the game now. But Brown has deteriorated into constant attempts at comedy and chitchat.
The Pirates can do that to people!
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Noticed the same thing as Dave with regards to Brown and Block.