The Other Games 2022

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

08293C350D342F3C29385D0 wrote: BC has not paid enough attention to the MLB roster for a couple of years - but especially this year. I am hoping against hope that we'll see a major roster shakeup after the deadline - including dropping guys that don't get traded - VanMeter (who I have ranted against since day 1) and Yoshii.

DOn't forget Utah, next year the lottery system begins.

Not necessary to have the worst record to have a good

shot at drafting early

Then we'll join the race to the #1 pick for another year - which I am getting really tired of under BC - not too far to fall to get that spot. August and September are looking to be really bad.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7B4540485B434348684D5A491E2C0 wrote: BC has not paid enough attention to the MLB roster for a couple of years - but especially this year. I am hoping against hope that we'll see a major roster shakeup after the deadline - including dropping guys that don't get traded - VanMeter (who I have ranted against since day 1) and Yoshii.

DOn't forget Utah, next year the lottery system begins.

Not necessary to have the worst record to have a good

shot at drafting early

Then we'll join the race to the #1 pick for another year - which I am getting really tired of under BC - not too far to fall to get that spot. August and September are looking to be really bad.

Obviously I didn't put my reply in exactly the right place. That's what happens when the eyes begin to go :D
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Really enjoying the Mets- Yankees on ESPN tonight. Could be a World Series Preview. The crowd is about 50-50. Just watched

Scherzer strike out Judge. What a match up. Fans were really into it.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Odd to see an East Coast game last game to finish for the day, TB vs. Balt.

Anything West were afternoon games.
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

A's sweep Houston in a three game series'

That rivals the Pirates sweeping the Dodgers

Giants get swept by Arizona. This was the

Giants 7th loss in a row.Giants are now 2 games under

500. They have been really in a tailspin
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games 2022

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Aaron Judge making his case for a gigantic payday hit is 42nd

Home Run today. He now has 9 HR's in 9 days
Bobster21

The Other Games 2022

Post by Bobster21 »

Last night Wainwright and Molina moved into 2nd place in MLB history for most starts by a battery. (Although Eveready probably claims that record.)

They need 7 more starts together to tie the record of 324 by the Tigers' Lolich and Freehan. Warren Spahn and former Pirate Del Crandall dropped into 3rd place with 316.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Other Games 2022

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

7E535E4F48594E0E0D3C0 wrote: Last night Wainwright and Molina moved into 2nd place in MLB history for most starts by a battery. (Although Eveready probably claims that record.)

They need 7 more starts together to tie the record of 324 by the Tigers' Lolich and Freehan. Warren Spahn and former Pirate Del Crandall dropped into 3rd place with 316.

And just think, if all of those starts had come against the Pirates, Wainwright would've moved past Phil Niekro and into 16th place on the all-time win list.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Altoona game on MLB tv free tonight
Surgnbuck

The Other Games 2022

Post by Surgnbuck »

Mariners hit 3 home runs, lay a 6 spot on Gerrit Cole in the top of the first, Castillo allows 3 runs in 6.2 IP in his Seattle debut in the Mariners 7-3 win