Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

Kramer has started 19 games at 3b at indy.  163 innings 1 error.   that looks pretty reasonable.  Good to see he's getting time there. I would assume they have him locked in for 2b, but never know. Especially with there being no hope for Kang this year
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

53747F5C110 wrote:   Knocked out by a freak injury, which that combined with a very dumb decision (if we make it) to not pick up his option would be the only two reasons he's not in the bigs next year.

It was, at a minimum, his third "dumb decision".

I meant it would be our dumb decision to not take the option or restructure him.   But yes, he made some dumb decisions.

When I think of what we pay for signing bonuses and other lottery tickets hoping they will develop into big league players, an then think of the already established top-end potential Kang has, 5 million option or restructure should be a no-brainer to me.    It's a good gamble

Apologies. I misread you post. That's why I deleted the original.

No worries at all. I agree with you completely that those were incredibly dumb decisions. especially #3, after having gone through the first two and KNOWING what would happen if #3 went down
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

58797158737B1C0 wrote: Can Kramer play 3b well?  We've got to get Moran off 3b. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dmetz as you can see above you make me laugh.  You absolutely do not like Moran am I correct?  The laughing comes from how desperate you are to see someone else playing 3B besides Moran.  Can you be more desperate and come up with some more names please. How about Cervelli or Christopher Bostock?  Or maybe Raul Siri from Morgantown who has been in the NYPL for a couple years? Hope that you do not do something desperate to yourself in the meantime. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:)  I'm sure he's a great guy.   If the numbers are there I'll take anybody anywhere.   

RE Cervelli:  It's true Cervelli's style is kind of annoying to me personally, but it's no big deal at all if production is there, which it is for the most part.   

All of that attitude stuff means very little to me personally, others feel differently.  I just want to win it all, don't care how we do it.    Could assemble the laziest, most unkind group of misfits in history, and if we're playing in a World Series, I'll take it.

At lot of you guys have those memories from the past and you're lucky to.  Alot of us have never experienced a winner... not even a pennant.  It's pretty darned annoying!   

Ecbucs

Kang back?

Post by Ecbucs »

616860717F050 wrote: Can Kramer play 3b well?  We've got to get Moran off 3b. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dmetz as you can see above you make me laugh.  You absolutely do not like Moran am I correct?  The laughing comes from how desperate you are to see someone else playing 3B besides Moran.  Can you be more desperate and come up with some more names please. How about Cervelli or Christopher Bostock?  Or maybe Raul Siri from Morgantown who has been in the NYPL for a couple years? Hope that you do not do something desperate to yourself in the meantime. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

:)  I'm sure he's a great guy.   If the numbers are there I'll take anybody anywhere.   

RE Cervelli:  It's true Cervelli's style is kind of annoying to me personally, but it's no big deal at all if production is there, which it is for the most part.   

All of that attitude stuff means very little to me personally, others feel differently.  I just want to win it all, don't care how we do it.    Could assemble the laziest, most unkind group of misfits in history, and if we're playing in a World Series, I'll take it.

At lot of you guys have those memories from the past and you're lucky to.  Alot of us have never experienced a winner... not even a pennant.   It's pretty darned annoying!   

I remember 1971 and 1979. Got to watch part of a game in 1971 while at school.

Of course I remember a world without faxes, fed ex, cell phones and the internet too.
Bobster21

Kang back?

Post by Bobster21 »

6B4D4C5B4D5D2E0 wrote: Can Kramer play 3b well?  We've got to get Moran off 3b. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

At lot of you guys have those memories from the past and you're lucky to.  Alot of us have never experienced a winner... not even a pennant.   It's pretty darned annoying!   

I remember 1971 and 1979.  Got to watch part of a game in 1971 while at school.

Of course I remember a world without faxes, fed ex, cell phones and the internet too.

I was a huge fan in 1971 and 1979. I was only 6 in 1960. My early memories of baseball are everyone in Charleroi, PA talking about Maz winning the WS. That's why I wanted to know everything about that year and researched it so thoroughly that I wound up writing a book about it.
mouse

Kang back?

Post by mouse »

This is where you're supposed to throw in the title of the book so people who don't have it/haven't read it will be encouraged to look for it.
Bobster21

Kang back?

Post by Bobster21 »

2B29333523460 wrote: This is where you're supposed to throw in the title of the book so people who don't have it/haven't read it will be encouraged to look for it.
"Pirate Gold: The 1960 Season."
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

476A67767160773734050 wrote: This is where you're supposed to throw in the title of the book so people who don't have it/haven't read it will be encouraged to look for it.
"Pirate Gold: The 1960 Season."

I bought the book and really enjoyed it. Often go back to it for a quick read of what happened on a certain day that year. It brings back some golden memories of a 12 yr old boy in love with baseball and especially the Battlin' Bucs. Great job Bobster!
mouse

Kang back?

Post by mouse »

Thank you, guys. I bought the electronic version so I'd have it right away, but intend to order the "real" version as well. I'm looking forward to recalling the time. I have memories, but over time things get blurred together. Will be great to go back to it.
Bobster21

Kang back?

Post by Bobster21 »

53514B4D5B3E0 wrote: Thank you, guys. I bought the electronic version so I'd have it right away, but intend to order the "real" version as well. I'm looking forward to recalling the time. I have memories, but over time things get blurred together. Will be great to go back to it.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Lots of detail. Some humor. Starting lineups for every game. Every cut in spring training. Every transaction during the season. Many long forgotten stories (such as Dick Stuart thinking he could outrun Maury Wills to 2B after they picked Wills off or Don Hoak gashing his foot the night before a DH and not telling Murtaugh so he could play both games).