Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw that Yariel Rodriguez is still in the running to sign with the Pirates. The Yankees, Blue Jays and Astros are the 3 other teams in the running to sign him. If the Pirates got him to sign with them, he would be perfect to join the rotation.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I see that the date and the time of the post have now appeared. I am
not sure who is responsible but I will put my money on Possum.
Doc

Post by Doc »

The Dodgers keep adding, seemingly without a care as to the expense, by signing Yamamoto to a 10 year deal worth about $27 million per year. They also had to pay a $50 million posting fee.

I've always admired the Dodgers and the way they've run their organization, going all the way back to the 1920s when Branch Rickey took charge. Winning has always been first and foremost with them. But their ability and willingness to spend, while we here in Pittsburgh watch an owner who won't even try to compete, has me directing my frustrations toward them. My frustrations should be aimed at Major League Baseball primarily and Bob Nutting secondarily. The Dodgers are just playing by the rules while our owner won't even play. Baseball is broken.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Bucs DFA Andre Jackson at his request so he could pursue work in Japan. This opens a space on the roster for Cutch. This is per MLBTRs.
Let's Go Bucs
Dutton

Post by Dutton »

As you would determine from my previous post, letting Jackson go is a real surprise to me. I didn't even consider him an option. Glad for Andre to get a chance to pitch in Japan, but can't help thinking we should have kept him as a long/bulk reliever.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I somehow missed the Pirates drafting Seth Beer !

Just noticed that yesterday and Ilike it.

I`m in full swing with other sports right now.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I am also surprised about Jackson. Wish him well in Japan
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Doc wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:46 pm The Dodgers keep adding, seemingly without a care as to the expense, by signing Yamamoto to a 10 year deal worth about $27 million per year. They also had to pay a $50 million posting fee.

I've always admired the Dodgers and the way they've run their organization, going all the way back to the 1920s when Branch Rickey took charge. Winning has always been first and foremost with them. But their ability and willingness to spend, while we here in Pittsburgh watch an owner who won't even try to compete, has me directing my frustrations toward them. My frustrations should be aimed at Major League Baseball primarily and Bob Nutting secondarily. The Dodgers are just playing by the rules while our owner won't even play. Baseball is broken.
I agree doc. However, if the Dodgers win it all, don't let me hear how great
a manager Dave Roberts is. Hell, even Shelton could win with the Dodgers
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:30 pm
Doc wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:46 pm The Dodgers keep adding, seemingly without a care as to the expense, by signing Yamamoto to a 10 year deal worth about $27 million per year. They also had to pay a $50 million posting fee.

I agree doc. However, if the Dodgers win it all, don't let me hear how great
a manager Dave Roberts is. Hell, even Shelton could win with the Dodgers
His biggest concern might be to keep everyone happy. As Casey Stengel once said, "The secret to managing is keeping the five guys who hate you away from the five guys who haven’t made up their minds yet."
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Just split the league into over under a certain amount of money $$$ spent on salary. After FA they make up the 2 leagues . Big bank plays little bank for WS. Change it up every year would be fun.