The Roster

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

2drfischer@gmail.c

The Roster

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

200D00111607105053620 wrote: Without Mathias, they now have only 5 infielders and that includes Bae who often plays OF. The PG has an article today about Nick Gonzalez playing some SS and 3B at Indy in addition to his usual 2B. In his last 16 games he's hitting .283 with 8 extra base hits. I wonder if they're preparing him to be called up soon. 

I think we'll see both Gonzalez and Endy within the next three weeks. Maybe Priester, too. And they better be playing nearly everyday the rest of the way with Priester getting a regular turn in the rotation. It gives them and Davis a half year head start on 2023.
ChillinStation

The Roster

Post by ChillinStation »

Gonzales needs to be up and playing, we have seen the others !
Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

Yohan Ramirez optioned. Cal Mitchell recalled.
Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

094A53485B4E5F49093A0 wrote: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/06/ ... ckson.html

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... an01.shtml
LA had DFA'd Jackson. Cherington loves DFA'd guys.
Surgnbuck

The Roster

Post by Surgnbuck »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/06/ ... ckson.html

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... an01.shtml
LA had DFA'd Jackson. Cherington loves DFA'd guys.
He's just cannon fodder for the home stretch to the ASG break.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Roster

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Is Bob Nutting aware that some of his money was traded for this guy? There’ll be hell to pay.
fjk090852-7

The Roster

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Not sure if anyone agrees, but Castro needs to be sent to AAA. Bouriki needs to be designated as well. Day off tomorrow, and changes needed to be made prior to Tuesdays game with the Padres.
Bobster21

The Roster

Post by Bobster21 »

434F4E151C151D10170812250 wrote: Not sure if anyone agrees, but Castro needs to be sent to AAA. Bouriki needs to be designated as well. Day off tomorrow, and changes needed to be made prior to Tuesdays game with the Padres.
Castro is what he is. A below average hitter and fielder. I don't think more AAA time will improve upon that. Maybe it's time to cut bait with him and replace him with Triolo or Peguero.

There's too much dead weight on this team. Connor Joe has no more potential than what we currently see. A decent 4th OFer. Suwinski will always be a low average hitter who can occasionally get hold of one. And a good defensive OFer. Perfect for a 4th OFer. Hedges is a joke with a bat in his hand.

Santana, at .227 is 37 and having his best season in years. Even maintaining .227 seems like a reach. Hayes is a consistent .250 hitter with little power.

Cutch is enjoying his best season in 6 years and Reynolds, when healthy, can hit. The jury is still out on Bae and Marcano. They seem like decent role players but not guys who serve as the core of a team.

So this roster is nowhere near ready to hit, much less compete. They have Cruz in the wings but unless Davis, Gonzales and a lot of others currently in AAA can become a formidable lineup, there's no hope for this team to hit competitively. Treading water with guys like Castro won't get them anywhere.
Surgnbuck

The Roster

Post by Surgnbuck »

424E4F141D141C11160913240 wrote: Not sure if anyone agrees, but Castro needs to be sent to AAA. Bouriki needs to be designated as well. Day off tomorrow, and changes needed to be made prior to Tuesdays game with the Padres.
I agree, and I'd also send Bae and Suwinski down also. Bring up Endy, Triolo, and either Mitchell, CSN, or put Andujar back on the 40 and give him another shot.

We're stuck with Hedges because of all the rush to his defense (pun intended) from the Pirates brass. He's leaving them with egg on their face, and honestly, he's a White Elephant right now. There is no doubt in my mind, the Pirates would love nothing better to see than a season ending injury to him, sad as that is to say. Solves two problems, he's off the roster, they save face.

I'd also trade Connor Joe right now for a healthy, fungible bullpen arm.

I'm keeping Santana all year, I think once Choi is back (and hopefully stays healthy) the reduced role will benefit the old guy.

They should also fast track Termarr Johnson. He should be moved to AA right now, and skip Greensboro.

This season isn't totally lost yet. However, even if they make all the moves many of us would like to see, which is pretty much a house cleaning, things may not change. But they need to do something to light a fire under some people in the organization, and try and maintain some relevancy until Cruz returns, and hopefully, returning to the Cruz we were already seeing.

Just my thoughts. I guess it's the equivalent of screaming for the backup quarterback. But they need to start doing some drastic stuff. Time for all the hand holding stuff to end.