The Other Games

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

The Other Games

Post by Bobster21 »

614048614A42250 wrote: Just turned on the All Star Game broadcast to see that the players are not wearing their own uniforms, just like last year.  Very disappointing.  One of the cool things I always liked about this game was that all the team’s uniforms were on the field.  Some things should just be left alone.
I always took pride in seeing the Pirate uniform among the All-Stars. But I guess nothing is as satisfying as generic uniforms.  ::)

It's all about money.  Teams can sell a lot of AS jerseys and line their pockets.  Money trumps tradition.

Sad but true, Possum. I wouldn't buy one of those generic AS shirts but I guess there's a market for them.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ten teams scored double digit runs last night. Three of them lost!
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

466067727B7760767E150 wrote: Ten teams scored double digit runs last night. Three of them lost!
I saw that - real pitcher duals-

Arizona 16- Braves 13 Saw the tail end of this one
MaineBucs

The Other Games

Post by MaineBucs »

So what you are saying is that there is a potential landing spot in the majors for Will Crowe, Cody Bolton, Duane Underwood, and Chase DeJong.
Surgnbuck

The Other Games

Post by Surgnbuck »

Loved the game ending call from Baltimore's crew, as the Orioles took over first place in the AL East: "How about the view from the top at the Trop?"
WildwoodDave2

The Other Games

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Day after the Angels take Ohtani off the market, he pitches

a one hitter and hits 2 home runs
Wildwoodcoach

Re: The Other Games

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I wonder if doc knows that Kolton Wong has been released by the Mariners? If not,
I just made his day!! :D
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Watching Rich Hill getting lit up by the Dodgers
2 innings 6runs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:50 pm I wonder if doc knows that Kolton Wong has been released by the Mariners? If not,
I just made his day!! :D
I saw that news. I’m sure one of the division teams will pick him up when they’re scheduled to play the Pirates, then will release him right after, only for him to be picked up by another division team when the Bucs come to town.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Wong and Moustakes own Pirate pitching. Those two just hit the cover off the ball when they play the Pirates.