Last Minute Trade Buzz

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Maybe the deal was for Hutchison the whole time?

But in order for the Pirates to trade both McGuire and Ramirez for Hutchison, Huntington made the Blue Jays take Liriano too.
Wrathchild

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Wrathchild »

I've been trying to say that the Melancon trade was terrible for morale reasons. You just don't weaken your team when you are not out of the playoff hunt. People can say they weren't playing that great and they wouldn't have made the playoffs anyway but what they would have done is conjecture and completely irrelevant to the main issue. I guarantee you that every guy in that clubhouse thought they could win the world series especially if they got an extra player or two. Instead, they consciously weakened the team this year. 2016 Rivero is not as good as 2016 Melancon. Everyone knows that. I suspect that the Liriano desperation trade was a result of a hugely unpopular move in the clubhouse. He was probably vocal and then decided he could no longer speak English. The Pirates quit on the season no matter how much you want to approve the return. The move has had short term and will have long term repercussions.
CarolinaBucco

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Dogknot3 just blew my mind.
Bobster21

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Bobster21 »

7351425F5C595E51724553535F300 wrote: Dogknot3 just blew my mind.
He knows a fair trade when he sees one.

;D
timozbuck

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by timozbuck »

This team will never win a pennant let alone a championship with this upper management team in place.

What a disgraceful past 12 months.
Quail

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Quail »

5C717C6D6A7B6C2C2F1E0 wrote: Dogknot3 just blew my mind.

;D

LOL!!! Thanks Bobster!!
Ecbucs

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by Ecbucs »

44595D5F4A5245535B300 wrote: This team will never win a pennant let alone a championship with this upper management team in place. 

What a disgraceful past 12 months.

I am close to this point but willing to wait to see what they do for next season. If it is like this past off season and yesterday I will agree.

I think Hutchinson is a big gamble. He does not have great stuff. The Blue Jays had him in competition for the 5th starter spot this spring.

I would rather have gotten one of their top pitching prospects.

SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

313A323E3B3A216462152C343D3A3A7B363A550 wrote: Maybe the deal was for Hutchison the whole time?

But in order for the Pirates to trade both McGuire and Ramirez for Hutchison, Huntington made the Blue Jays take Liriano too. You are actually being serious and truly believe this is what actually happened?? Yea they think so much of Hutchinson that they sent him down to AAA immediately with no intentions of putting him into the rotation this season. But you're going to give up 2 of your top 10 prospects plus Liriano to do so?? Gimmie a break.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: Dogknot3 just blew my mind.

;D

I am not that high on Ramirez as some. I do like McGuire, but he needs to hit more. Hutchison has had some success in the majors.

I don't know, it is just a thought. Ramirez and McGuire are blocked for years to come. Liriano might have burned some bridges with the coaches, who knows?

Just speculation, but everyone is saying it was Liriano for Hutchison and then two throw-ins. Maybe that wasn't the situation at all?
SteadyFreddy

Last Minute Trade Buzz

Post by SteadyFreddy »

6D666E6267667D383E497068616666276A66090 wrote: Dogknot3 just blew my mind.

;D

I am not that high on Ramirez as some.  I do like McGuire, but he needs to hit more.  Hutchison has had some success in the majors.

I don't know, it is just a thought. Ramirez and McGuire are blocked for years to come.  Liriano might have burned some bridges with the coaches, who knows?

Just speculation, but everyone is saying it was Liriano for Hutchison and then two throw-ins.  Maybe that wasn't the situation at all?

It was a salary dump and a bribe by the Pirates to do so. I don't know why it's that hard for some people to see and believe this. People will defend this management team and this owner to no end. Looks like for next season you won't be able to use the "they won 98 games last year" excuse, and they made the playoffs for 3 straight seasons. Those excuses won't fly next season if nothing is being done to improve this team.