Trade Deadline Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

One time he wasn't dependable. If they can cash him in for the same type of player, I would be all for it. How many of those same type of players are available?

They need to add to Marte at this deadline. He can certainly help turn this season around.
notes34

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by notes34 »

212630383621666A13343E323A3F7D303C3E530 wrote: He was an All Star last year.  He has been the best defender in LF for a few years now.  He just got back from a suspension.

I agree, he killed this season for the Pirates.  But that doesn't mean he isn't talented and a super star on the rise.

Big misplay on a ball, I saw the replay.  Players make errors all the time.  Even the great ones.  If it continues, yeah there is a problem.  He has played in 22 games.  Sorry, I will give him more time before I call him a bum and give up on him.

I didn't call him a bum. I've said before - I don't think he has an attitude that is good for him or this team.  I'd rather cash that talent in on something more dependable.

I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking. In the past I would cringe anytime someone brought up dealing Marte but now I'm not sure. He is supremely talented, but his boneheaded plays and attitude are wearing thin. Just since he's been back he has been picked off 2nd and had the "wind blown error." I want hustle and leadership. If he can bring a big return do it!
Bobster21

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

0A293C3C3D3536383D3C2B6161590 wrote:

Hats are now used as Gang Identifiers.  Different sets and cliques use the hats of different professional sports teams like the bloods and the crips use to use the red and blue bandanas.  These gang members mostly know absolutely nothing about the team the hat represents because in their world that hat is "Theirs" and they will kill for it.  Depending on what neighborhood, city or region you are in, I would recommend some level of caution when trying to cozy up with a fellow Pirate fan if you are uncertain or inexperienced in that environment.  Just wanted to share for awareness.
The traditional Pirates cap is worn by the Latin Kings gang.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

40637676777F7C727776612B2B130 wrote:

Hats are now used as Gang Identifiers.  Different sets and cliques use the hats of different professional sports teams like the bloods and the crips use to use the red and blue bandanas.  These gang members mostly know absolutely nothing about the team the hat represents because in their world that hat is "Theirs" and they will kill for it.  Depending on what neighborhood, city or region you are in, I would recommend some level of caution when trying to cozy up with a fellow Pirate fan if you are uncertain or inexperienced in that environment.  Just wanted to share for awareness.

Nobody better take my Pirates' hat.  I will fight you for it.  I got it in 2012.  I believe it was a big reason of the turn around.
SammyKhalifa

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by SammyKhalifa »

37362D3C2A6A6D590 wrote: He was an All Star last year.  He has been the best defender in LF for a few years now.  He just got back from a suspension.

I agree, he killed this season for the Pirates.  But that doesn't mean he isn't talented and a super star on the rise.

Big misplay on a ball, I saw the replay.  Players make errors all the time.  Even the great ones.  If it continues, yeah there is a problem.  He has played in 22 games.  Sorry, I will give him more time before I call him a bum and give up on him.

I didn't call him a bum. I've said before - I don't think he has an attitude that is good for him or this team.  I'd rather cash that talent in on something more dependable.

I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking. In the past I would cringe anytime someone brought up dealing Marte but now I'm not sure. He is supremely talented, but his boneheaded plays and attitude are wearing thin. Just since he's been back he has been picked off 2nd and had the "wind blown error." I want hustle and leadership. If he can bring a big return do it!

No "buyer" is going to want a guy that can't be in the playoffs though. So we'd have to be looking at rebuilding teams (who also want to give up prospects?).
Aaron

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Aaron »

11322727262E2D232627307A7A420 wrote:

This is very true.

But, there's a piece of advice I can offer, that'll let you know if you're safe or not.  When you see someone in the Pirates hat, just scream:

"I love Neal Huntington and Bob Nutting!! I no longer care if the Pirates win or lose games!! As long as they stick with the plan and follow Huntington's process!! I've completely changed how I view baseball and I support everything they do!!"

If they hug you and scream, "me too!! How are you today my brother from a different mother?!?!?"

Then there's a 91.7% chance you know they're not in the Latin Kings. That's the percentage of Pirates fans that no longer care about the results on the field.

Now, there's an 8.3% chance that the person may start an argument, but at least you know you won't get attacked by a gang.

mouse

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by mouse »

Is this the time to trade for David price? He's in disfavor in Boston, in trouble with the team, maybe the Sox would be happy to be rid of him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Trade Deadline Thread

3F3D272137520 wrote: Is this the time to trade for David price? He's in disfavor in Boston, in trouble with the team, maybe the Sox would be happy to be rid of him.

He just landed on the DL today. I doubt he is going to opt out of his $32 million a year contract after 2018 at this point.

Who knows, Boston just ate a bunch of money, what's another $157 million?
Tintin

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Tintin »

222338293F7F784C0 wrote: He was an All Star last year.  He has been the best defender in LF for a few years now.  He just got back from a suspension.

Marte, despite his suspension and error, is the player would could get the most return for in a trade.

If we put him on the market, 29 teams would be on the phone with Neal.

Trading him for a 34year pitcher who is owed twice as much money as he is worth, doesn't seem like a great idea.
Speedloader88

Trade Deadline Thread

Post by Speedloader88 »

6040534E4F210 wrote:

This is very true.

But, there's a piece of advice I can offer, that'll let you know if you're safe or not.  When you see someone in the Pirates hat, just scream:

"I love Neal Huntington and Bob Nutting!! I no longer care if the Pirates win or lose games!! As long as they stick with the plan and follow Huntington's process!! I've completely changed how I view baseball and I support everything they do!!"

If they hug you and scream, "me too!! How are you today my brother from a different mother?!?!?"

Then there's a 91.7% chance you know they're not in the Latin Kings. That's the percentage of Pirates fans that no longer care about the results on the field.

Now, there's an 8.3% chance that the person may start an argument, but at least you know you won't get attacked by a gang.

;D ;D ;D