Kang back?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

PMike

Kang back?

Post by PMike »

260001160010630 wrote: Reports of his demise may be premature. He'll be 32 next year which is not ancient for players. He could have a full spring training with the Pirates instead of going to a new culture in winter ball after a long layoff. Even this year he was clearly overqualified against A-ball pitching. Won't surprise me if he's back next year.
Yeah, he's not finished just yet. No reason not to bring him to spring training and get a full camp in.

Isn't his contract for 2019 an option the Bucs need to pick up?  I don't see them paying him $5 million unless they are certain he will be healthy.  I could see them offering him a lower salary and maybe a bigger option for 2020.

Most likely other teams are not going to outbid the Pirates for him.

They have tons of extra money. If there is any chance he could contribute next year, $5 million is no big deal. He could be really valuable to this team next year.
BenM

Kang back?

Post by BenM »

Aren't wrist injuries for power hitters especially problematic?
MaineBucs

Kang back?

Post by MaineBucs »

$5 mil is a lot of money, particularly for an individual who has not been able to wear a major league uniform for 2+ years and who has played very little at any level.

But, if he walks away from his option and agrees to a heavily incentive laden deal, then perhaps he is still worth a shot. That said, I really doubt that we ever see Kang as a Pirate again.
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

;D  He was right on the ball in AAA before he sprained his wrist.   5 Ks in 39 plate appearances.   Then he hurt his wrist.   Better k rate than when he was playing regularly.  Guy wasn't overwhelmed in the slightest.  Knocked out by a freak injury, which that combined with a very dumb decision (if we make it) to not pick up his option would be the only two reasons he's not in the bigs next year.

Kang will be playing in the majors for someone.  Option is a no brainier if he won't restructure

I hope he restructures. Love to keep him contracted longer than 2019.

dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

Can Kramer play 3b well? We've got to get Moran off 3b.
dmetz

Kang back?

Post by dmetz »

71565D7E330 wrote:   Knocked out by a freak injury, which that combined with a very dumb decision (if we make it) to not pick up his option would be the only two reasons he's not in the bigs next year.

It was, at a minimum, his third "dumb decision".

I meant it would be our dumb decision to not take the option or restructure him.   But yes, he made some dumb decisions.

When I think of what we pay for signing bonuses and other lottery tickets hoping they will develop into big league players, an then think of the already established top-end potential Kang has, 5 million option or restructure should be a no-brainer to me.    It's a good gamble

BenM

Kang back?

Post by BenM »

78717968661C0 wrote:   Knocked out by a freak injury, which that combined with a very dumb decision (if we make it) to not pick up his option would be the only two reasons he's not in the bigs next year.

It was, at a minimum, his third "dumb decision".

I meant it would be our dumb decision to not take the option or restructure him.   But yes, he made some dumb decisions.

When I think of what we pay for signing bonuses and other lottery tickets hoping they will develop into big league players, an then think of the already established top-end potential Kang has, 5 million option or restructure should be a no-brainer to me.    It's a good gamble

Apologies. I misread you post. That's why I deleted the original.
DemDog

Kang back?

Post by DemDog »

454C44555B210 wrote: Can Kramer play 3b well?  We've got to get Moran off 3b. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dmetz as you can see above you make me laugh.  You absolutely do not like Moran am I correct?  The laughing comes from how desperate you are to see someone else playing 3B besides Moran.  Can you be more desperate and come up with some more names please. How about Cervelli or Christopher Bostock? Or maybe Raul Siri from Morgantown who has been in the NYPL for a couple years? Hope that you do not do something desperate to yourself in the meantime. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
SammyKhalifa

Kang back?

Post by SammyKhalifa »

42636B426961060 wrote: Can Kramer play 3b well?  We've got to get Moran off 3b. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dmetz as you can see above you make me laugh.  You absolutely do not like Moran am I correct?  The laughing comes from how desperate you are to see someone else playing 3B besides Moran.  Can you be more desperate and come up with some more names please. How about Cervelli or Christopher Bostock?  Or maybe Raul Siri from Morgantown who has been in the NYPL for a couple years? Hope that you do not do something desperate to yourself in the meantime. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That can't work. I'm pretty sure Cevelli stole dmetz's girlfriend.
notes34

Kang back?

Post by notes34 »

0C3E32322614373E3336393E5F0 wrote: Can Kramer play 3b well?  We've got to get Moran off 3b. 

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dmetz as you can see above you make me laugh.  You absolutely do not like Moran am I correct?  The laughing comes from how desperate you are to see someone else playing 3B besides Moran.  Can you be more desperate and come up with some more names please. How about Cervelli or Christopher Bostock?  Or maybe Raul Siri from Morgantown who has been in the NYPL for a couple years? Hope that you do not do something desperate to yourself in the meantime. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That can't work.  I'm pretty sure Cevelli stole dmetz's girlfriend.

;D