Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

6055424249704242494E42270 wrote: [highlight][/highlight]So no new threads ? Everything is an Off Season Thread since it`s off season ? :- :-?

Not necessarily, we are only speculating about some of the players who might be attractive to the miserly Bucs. 

I see no reason not to have a thread relating to the Rule 5 draft or even [highlight]a thread dealing specifically with FA's we might want to see the Bucs sign.[/highlight]

Hell, I can see a good reason why we wouldn't want that!    ;)

Yeh, the kind of guys they would sign for so few bucks would not be considered a "salary dump" at the TDL and you would not want that. You would want a guy or 2 that they could flip for a #1 starter or a young proven OFer! ;) ;)
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

I just know that any guy I want, they won't get.

I also know that if you have a "Wish List Thread"......Shed's running back! ;))))))
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

Pirates Out Right 8 add 6 from 60-day IL
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

77565E775C54330 wrote: Pirates Out Right 8 add 6 from 60-day IL
Shreve is a surprise. I would have kept him over Underwood. I feel bad for Difo who was very good off the bench for them. But that one doesn't surprise me. They would probably like to save a roster spot by using someone like Castro or Marcano in that role instead of using a spot for Difo.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

The only guy that surprised me was Overton.
Ecbucs

Off Season Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

694449585F4E59191A2B0 wrote: Pirates Out Right 8 add 6 from 60-day IL
Shreve is a surprise. I would have kept him over Underwood. I feel bad for Difo who was very good off the bench for them. But that one doesn't surprise me. They would probably like to save a roster spot by using someone like Castro or Marcano in that role instead of using a spot for Difo.

Shreve surprises me too. You would think he is more valuable than Allen on 40 man roster. I hate to bring up the cheap factor but my guess is the Bucs think what he can do can be found for a lower salary.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

250302150313600 wrote: Pirates Out Right 8 add 6 from 60-day IL

Shreve surprises me too.  You would think he is more valuable than Allen on 40 man roster.  I hate to bring up the cheap factor but my guess is the Bucs think what he can do can be found for a lower salary.
According to the PG, the "cheap factor" sounds like it was a factor.

But with Shreve projected to make $2.3 million via arbitration, the Pirates must believe they can replace him for a smaller cost. And, given what Shreve did for the Pirates and at four other MLB spots, he probably won’t have trouble finding work this offseason.

The other surprising removal was Difo, who’s projected to make $1.1 million via arbitration. Difo tied for the major league lead in pinch hits with 16, which was the most for a Pirate since Delwyn Young had 16 in 2010.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2111060046
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The Pirates are....what the Pirates are. If they can find a guy better than Shreve was, fine. Won't be easy.

For those who thought that Cherington was going to change the culture of a certain individual, this should be a sign that he won't.
WildwoodDave2

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

795459484F5E49090A3B0 wrote: Pirates Out Right 8 add 6 from 60-day IL

Shreve surprises me too.  You would think he is more valuable than Allen on 40 man roster.  I hate to bring up the cheap factor but my guess is the Bucs think what he can do can be found for a lower salary.
According to the PG, the "cheap factor" sounds like it was a factor.

But with Shreve projected to make $2.3 million via arbitration, the Pirates must believe they can replace him for a smaller cost. And, given what Shreve did for the Pirates and at four other MLB spots, he probably won’t have trouble finding work this offseason.

The other surprising removal was Difo, who’s projected to make $1.1 million via arbitration. Difo tied for the major league lead in pinch hits with 16, which was the most for a Pirate since Delwyn Young had 16 in 2010.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2111060046
Houston reported to have offered Correa 160 million over 5 years
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

675245454E7745454E4945200 wrote: The Pirates are....what the Pirates are.  If they can find a guy better than Shreve was, fine.  Won't be easy.

For those who thought that Cherington was going to change the culture of a certain individual, this should be a sign that he won't.
OMG, more GW comedy gold. ;DYou didn't even know who Chasen Shreve was until it gave you an opportunity to suggest "salary dump". ;D