Pirate Moves

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

If Park is healthy, Peguero will likely be optioned.
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

416C61707766713132030 wrote: If Park is healthy, Peguero will likely be optioned.
The big question is what will they do when Newman, Gamel, and Yoshi return
GreenWeenie

Pirate Moves

Post by GreenWeenie »

Bucs call up Cruz for the Cubs series. Best wishes for his success!
WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Something which I think has gone unnoticed ( at least for me :D)

In his last 4 outings, Beede has thrown 9 1/3 scoreless innings
MaineBucs

Pirate Moves

Post by MaineBucs »

Geez. Here it is nearly 1:00 pm after the Pirates announced that Cruz and Madris are coming at the conclusion of yesterday's game and it doesn't appear that management has yet to announce the corresponding moves.

My thoughts: Peguero back to AA (the easy one) and Hembre back to AAA so the team gets down to 13 pitchers. I have no illusions about no illusions regarding the new lefty, but he is a lefty and would be one of two in the pen. And, quite soon, I would expect either Peters or Underwood to replace him.

It also looks that Newman and Gamel may soon return. Bucs can choose among Chang (my first choice), Park, and Vogelbach to send out release when they are ready to return.

Hope that both Cruz and Madris are in tonight's stsrting line-up.?
Bobster21

Pirate Moves

Post by Bobster21 »

Peguero optioned to Altoona. Thompson goes on IL.
Surgnbuck

Pirate Moves

Post by Surgnbuck »

Worried about the Thompson injury. That type of injury usually spells doom and a trip to TJ land, right forearm nerve inflammation.

WildwoodDave2

Pirate Moves

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

577176636A6671676F040 wrote: Worried about the Thompson injury. That type of injury usually spells doom and a trip to TJ land, right forearm nerve inflammation.

Not good
ArnoldRothstein

Pirate Moves

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

30736A716277667030030 wrote: Madris Makes History As MLB's First Player From Palau

https://www.mlb.com/news/bligh-madris-f ... -in-majors

It seems that he was born in Las Vegas, and they can't possibly know the genetics of everyone who's played. I appreciate that there's a story here, but it's a very sloppy article.

The team guides used to explicitly state each player's nationality. Do they still do that in the media guide or some such?
3pirates3

Pirate Moves

Post by 3pirates3 »