Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

Report just in that they're still talking but nothing is imminent.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

Sorry, but if it were me and the Yanks wanted one of my best players yet kept setting down more "off limits" qualifications, i'd politely let them know that they should shove off and talk to other teams instead.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

774549495D6F4C45484D4245240 wrote: It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

Sorry, but if it were me and the Yanks wanted one of my best players yet kept setting down more "off limits" qualifications, i'd politely let them know that they should shove off and talk to other teams instead.

I said this earlier, the Yankees aren't very good in trading their prospects. I wonder if Huntington has offered any of the Pirates' prospects? Huntington is another GM who doesn't like trading prospects.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

25323D25342039342139550 wrote: Report just in that they're still talking but nothing is imminent.

Heyman was just on. Doesn't see anything happening soon. Our idiot GM is asking for TORRES and FRAZIER plus for Cole.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

58535B575253480D0B7C455D545353125F533C0 wrote: It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

I said this earlier, the Yankees aren't very good in trading their prospects.  I wonder if Huntington has offered any of the Pirates' prospects?  Huntington is another GM who doesn't like trading prospects. 

They have made it be known that they AREN'T trading Torres, but are open to Frazier plus. So, this one isn't on Cashman. It's the insistence of our idiot GM asking for the moon, including a prospect they AREN'T trading. I bet they would trade Torres in a package for Machado. Cole is far from Manny.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

44545562747478170 wrote: It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

I said this earlier, the Yankees aren't very good in trading their prospects.  I wonder if Huntington has offered any of the Pirates' prospects?  Huntington is another GM who doesn't like trading prospects. 

They have made it be known that they AREN'T trading Torres, but are open to Frazier plus.  So, this one isn't on Cashman.  It's the insistence of our idiot GM asking for the moon, including a prospect they AREN'T trading.  I bet they would trade Torres in a package for Machado.  Cole is far from Manny.

it's never on the other guy, is it?
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

42707C7C685A79707D787770110 wrote: It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

They have made it be known that they AREN'T trading Torres, but are open to Frazier plus.  So, this one isn't on Cashman.  It's the insistence of our idiot GM asking for the moon, including a prospect they AREN'T trading.  I bet they would trade Torres in a package for Machado.  Cole is far from Manny.

When a GM says he isn't trading his top prospect, who is slated to start for his franchise for a #4 starter for his rotation, you look for other options within that organization because they have other pieces that help just as much. If NH did this, a deal would have already been done.

I'm sure if our roles were flipped and we were looking at taking Cole and had their prospect pool, we wouldn't want to trade Torres for Cole.

Fact is, Frazier and Andujar and maybe an Acevedo is more than enough. Maybe I should be the GM.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

0111102731313D520 wrote: It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

When a GM says he isn't trading his top prospect, who is slated to start for his franchise for a #4 starter for his rotation, you look for other options within that organization because they have other pieces that help just as much.  If NH did this, a deal would have already been done.

I'm sure if our roles were flipped and we were looking at taking Cole and had their prospect pool, we wouldn't want to trade Torres for Cole.

Fact is, Frazier and Andujar and maybe an Acevedo is more than enough.   Maybe I should be the GM.

This goes back to what and who you are believing. I agree if Torres is really off limits and Huntington keeps asking for him, then he needs to move on. We just don't know that to be fact. It is all speculation.

We also don't know who the Yankees are offering. Outside of Frazier (rumor he is the centerpiece), we don't know the other names or know if Andujar and/or Acevedo are being discussed. Rumors have been all over the place with Sheffield, Adams, Abrue and Florial too. Pretty much every Top 7 guys in the Yankees system has been mentioned.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Cole has had 3 good seasons and then 2 not very good seasons. Who knows if he'll ever approach his 2015 performance again. And he'll be worse in the AL because of the DH. A team trading for him is taking a chance, not knowing if he'll ever again be better than average. I don't expect someone's best prospects for him. Good prospects? Yes. Best? No. I don't even think it'll hurt the Pirates much to trade him. Williams and Nova even had better ERAs and Kuhl and Taillon weren't far behind.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0212132432323E510 wrote: It is not just Torres #Yankees don't want to part with in a deal for Cole, but at least Florial/Sheffield too. My suspicion would build package around Frazier/Adams.

When a GM says he isn't trading his top prospect, who is slated to start for his franchise for a #4 starter for his rotation, you look for other options within that organization because they have other pieces that help just as much.  If NH did this, a deal would have already been done.

Fact is, Frazier and Andujar and maybe an Acevedo is more than enough.   Maybe I should be the GM.

True enough, we wouldn't want to, and then people would slam the org because "we're afraid to let go of our prospects."  We don't even need to guess this would happen because it already has. 

I'm fine with them (the yanks) not wanting to trade someone.  But if they keep adding more exceptions at some point I'd start getting upset.